|The site has been going for over 20 years now, and in all the 12 years I've been here has never shown any sign of scamming. Not once have I been asked for money, or any personal details other than my email address and my physical address for awards and prizes when I have won them.
I don't think this site is a scam, or full of "cracker thiefs" (whatever they are) and to the best of my knowledge in order to become a member you have to register yourself and give an email address. YOu joined yesterday, perhaps you forgot?
If you want to close an account you opened in error, it's very easy:
1) Hover over your username at the top right of the page. A drop down list will open.
2) Select "My Settings" from the list.
3) In the resulting page, select the "Privacy" tab.
4) There are two options:
4.1) Under "Account status" there is a checkbox "Close my account"
4.2) Under "Forget me Forever" there is a checkbox "Forget me. Forever."
5) Select the appropriate checkbox, make sure that "I have read and agree..." is ticked, and press "Save my Settings".
6) The rest is history ... as is your account.
Have a nice day.
"I have no idea what I did, but I'm taking full credit for it." - ThisOldTony
"Common sense is so rare these days, it should be classified as a super power" - Random T-shirt
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!