|So I have BritBox for streaming (via RoKu). I discovered that there seemed to be no way to remove a show that one no longer wishes to watch from the "Continue Watching" list. A horizontal list that is at the top of all significant sets of selectors. Not via Roku. I went online to my account to try there - nope. So I contacted customer support and here's what they replied:
Quote:We did previously offer the option to delete items off of your continue watching list by clicking the X on the bottom right hand corner of the show, although I did receive word from our tech team that the option has been taken down until further notice to make background improvements, I do apologize.
We do hope to implement the feature back into our service in the future but are unsure of a timeframe for this. While it is not a permanent solution we do recommend accessing shows and movies through your watchlist to better manage what has been watched or what you would like to keep/delete. When accessing shows through the watchlist, any shows you have watched will have a line on the bottom to help determine where you are at in a series.
- First, of course, there's modifications made in the live production version of software.
- Secondly, there's apparently no horizon whatsoever as to if and when it will be restored.
- Third, there solution does nothing to address the problem whatsoever - as the "watchlist" will put anything one watches irrevocably on the 'continue watching' list. If you go to a new episode it will update that but it will remain - the list just keeps on growing.
- This cavalier neglect of the user is the same as I experienced decades ago where the O/S and software for an HP-FTIR Spectrometer was made in UK. Version 7 still with the same bugs*
- If one browsed a full list of choices (2D matrix) and request to see more info on one, when one goes back they end up at the top of a very long list and must find their place, again
The tradition of badly written software (there's much more wrong with it) with no real thought to debugging lives on!
* Did MicroSloth hire all of their dev team? Seems like it
|Ravings en masse^|
|"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein|
|"If you are searching for perfection in others, then you seek disappointment. If you seek perfection in yourself, then you will find failure." - Balboos HaGadol Mar 2010|