The thing with not being able to log in to some things is because they POST data to the login webpage through the webpage header. Headers are tricky to implement in proxys as they are so hard to access and use and so cannot be transmitted to the final webpage easly and are often "lost in translation". I'm mainly a PHP person so i'm not sure about this in asp.
not able to login to sites like yahoo.com,rediff.com,on any banking site,community site,blogs etc.
where you need to login to see you account and other details and this efforts fails when i surf corresponding site using asproxy application
simply unable to login when try to surf using asproxy application
This can have several reasons. ~WILL~ sentence is true but that is not all problem.
These are difficulty of login from other sites:
Dynamic objects ( Eg. XML objects used in AJAX ).
Test that code, you'll see it not overwrite.
Post data rejection from other sites.
It seems most of problem is JAVASCRITP!!
Some times clicks on images or some links are not working
I am trying to find if any perticular Type of links and images and the events attached to it are experiencing problem but not have solution yet
I extremely searching for bad overwrited links,images and etc. and I will very thankful for someone who shows me problems about.
This ASProxy server is very useful for me. I am studying this code as I have to do following tasks for the project.
1. Connect to remote websites on the behalf of users and serve those remote web pages back to the user. Web pages should be visually rendered in users’ browsers in the same manner asif they were connecting directly to the remote web server.
2. Log each user session and record the sequence of pages visited as well as any data posted with help of the web proxy server.
3. Users should be able to complete forms in their browser and have them posted correctly to the web proxy and then relayed to remote websites.
4. Write all links on the web page to the resources on the Web Proxy Sever.
5. Recording of all navigations steps done by the user in XML files.
6. Record all post data and query strings.
7. Remote page with SSL should be rendered to user in SSL.
I am facing some problems in understanding the flow of this ASProxy application. Please tell me how to start studying this code. Which practices I’ve to do to understand the code?
Please guide me regarding to the approach I’ve to take to do the above tasks.
I am very thankful to you for suggestions.
I have done the study of code. Following is my understanding of the code.
Please go through it and tell me whether I am on right track.
1. Get the URL from user and check whether text http:// available.2. Get properties of current HTTPContext object like AcceptCookies, BackImage, DisplayOriginalURL, EncodeURL, Scripts etc.
3. Construct the ASProxy Engine
• Set process type of request for ASProxy Engine. (HTTP)
• Set the options of our ASProxyEngine with help of above HTTPContext properties to request the User’s URL through our proxy server
4. Create newobject of HTTPWebRequest
5. Initialize the HTTPWebRequest object
• Set encoding to UTF8
• Set User Agent (Browser’s settings)
• Set method (GET or POST)
• Set the referrer ( So that it will not directly redirect to the User’s page, it will redirect to our Proxy Server’s page along with the whole content of User’s requested page)
• Add cookies to HTTPCookieContainer of the Request.
6. Do the request with above HTTPWebRequest object & get the response type (Error or Normal)
8. Process the response object. Eg. Remove anonymous links or scripts.
9. Add the headers of Proxy server to the response object.
10. Render the response object to the User.
Also following are some questions on which I am sticking. Please guide me on these questions.
1. Why we are setting the referrer of the HTTPWebRequest object?
2. Why we add the cookies to the HTTPCookieContainer of WebRequest?
4. We can make request with help of HTTPWebRequest object only, then Why it is important to constuct the ASProxy engine initially?
Your trackings: 1- Right 2- These options stored in cookie. So ASProxyConfig.GetCookieOptions() restore them from cookie. if cookie is absent it returns default options. 3- Right but add this part: Set the request content type acrding to page type (used in getcss, getjs, getany and ...). 4- Right. 5- Right. But note that the referrer will set to user page when the ASProxyEngine contructor request it (UseRequestUrlAsReferer property). 6- Right. 7- No. Get the response data.( bytes ) 8- Right. 9- No. Send to the response ContentType, ContentEncoding and Charset. 9+1- "Add the headers of Proxy server to the response object." 10- Right but note that rendering depends on request method.
I just was thinking that you should also consider having some Access Control Rules so that only known persons get to avail this service. This can help safeguarding the application from any hack attempts/abuses.
This is good idea, but not at all.
Lots of ASProxy users haven't any knowledge about asp.net or programming and they don't know how to change the options or configure them.
(Always i get emails about installation problem.)
I'll plan to do this but as a optional feature.
This is an open source project and hackers can change the proxy for their dirty purposes. it seems thats impossible to prevent them.
When you try setting up a Hosted Proxy service, you should also consider having Bandwidth Throttle feature so that your website that hosts does not suffer unnecessary bandwidth drain from a select hosts.
Since version 3.8 you can easily change or customize your ASProxy interface with new interfaces pack.
Here is new interfaces:
I love the proxy and you have done a great job on it but i have a small issue.
My server has several IP addresses and i need to control which IP address is used for the outgoing connection from the proxy server to the website. I don't really care about the incoming IP address just the outgoing one. Is there a way to bind the outgoing connection attempts to s set IP address?
You can create a internatl proxy server in your network for using with installed ASProxy.
Here is how to config ASProxy to work with it. Remember this option not fully tested and it is still beta.
Open the Web.config file and find WebProxyMode key. change its value to 2 ( means custom).
Find WebProxyHost key and change its value to created proxy server IP.
Find WebProxyPort key and change its value to created proxy server Port.
Now all the outgoing requests will send to specified host:ip then you can control it.