Comments by Zoltán Zörgő (Top 200 by date)

Zoltán Zörgő 10-Mar-20 15:06pm View

As long as nothing stops yoiu to do it, it is allowed. However, it is not recommended. SSMS is using the same approach under the hood. This is the "do it if you know what you are doing" kind of situation. Anyway, changing column order has rarely any use at all.
Zoltán Zörgő 13-Sep-16 14:08pm View

I suppose no one can give you the answer you hope for. Just an advice: rewrite that procedure. To be able to do that, you need to know exactly what it does (more precisely, what it should do).
Zoltán Zörgő 16-Feb-16 8:17am View

This is what you have tried? Really? Dude...
Do you know regualr expressions? It is quite easy with it.
Zoltán Zörgő 25-Dec-15 10:29am View

What has this to do with SQL???
Zoltán Zörgő 11-Dec-15 12:56pm View

Not necessarily. The java (applet) code is interacting with the dom. It can also call JavaScript. See: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/applet/invokingJavaScriptFromApplet.html
But in this case the statement is in the applet's code not in the web page itself. But the JavaScript statement is executed by the browser not by the java runtime. So the message I see is popped by the browser. And I am pretty sure this is my case. So I need the means to trace somehow this interaction between the applet and the browser. But I don't know how to do it.
Zoltán Zörgő 11-Dec-15 12:05pm View

This is what I tried at first. If you read my post properly you can see that this is not the case. IE developer toolbar's debugger would catch such an error. But there is none. It is for sure not in the source of the web page.
Zoltán Zörgő 7-Dec-15 14:25pm View

If there is no exact delimiter or any logic in splitting the input on syntactic way, you can't do it with regex. Please consult Noam Chomsky's formal language and grammar types for more theoretical approach. Altrought regexp is more complex than the theoretical regular expression related to type 3 grammars, your example looks belonging to an at leasty type 2 grammar.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression

You should porvide a more comprehensive example with the expected result.
Zoltán Zörgő 25-Nov-15 5:58am View

This is what I was thinking also. What I was hopeing for is that changing the internal "window" changes the title of the windows window also (or triggers something else on process or system level), and that could be hooked.
Well, I solved my original problem with polling. It is not as elegant as it could have been... :)
Zoltán Zörgő 25-Nov-15 5:11am View

I am talking about hooking on external process, not a control in my application.
Zoltán Zörgő 5-Nov-15 11:47am View

Yes, this looks like your homework. What should we do about it? If you want to have graduation in some IT related field, you better sit down and learn. Don't expect others to do your work - as they will take your future job too... except that this is what you want.
On the other hand lazy you have't given even the programming language :)
Zoltán Zörgő 2-Nov-15 15:59pm View

Hello
It would be helpful if you would post the scipted export of your tables (schema and data) so I can test without having to spend time on rewriting your environment. Please remember that I don't have your database.

But I think the update syntax is different if one needs alias. Try this:

UPDATE c
SET Tot_Dst =
SELECT SUM(TableA.Dst) FROM TableA a WHERE a.TrpM="OCT" AND a.VehN = c.VehN
FROM TableC c
WHERE c.VehN in (SELECT VehN from TableB)
Zoltán Zörgő 1-Nov-15 16:00pm View

compile
test
debug
Zoltán Zörgő 1-Nov-15 14:35pm View

You can use subquery in UPDATE statement. And you can use table aliases to link between WHERE clause in UPDATE and subquery. It is quite simple. But your formulation about the exact situation is not quite clear.
Zoltán Zörgő 31-Oct-15 14:48pm View

Nonsense. You can render html content to any graphical device. Please clarify your concrete needs!
Zoltán Zörgő 31-Oct-15 3:46am View

It won't be "silent". Any modern built-in or regular webcam will lit up a tiny led during capture.
Anyway, you are trying to break into private sphere, even is you are trying to protect your own!
Zoltán Zörgő 30-Oct-15 14:20pm View

Well, than do what I suggested: check them. Yo don't take one or more into consideration.
Is the IIS you are trying to deploy to also on your development PC? If not, you need to prepare the database engine on the target environment too - and change these settings accordingly.
Zoltán Zörgő 29-Oct-15 17:04pm View

Thank you.
The only statement OP gave is that the database is not created by him/her. It still might be possible to add extra functionality, like a CLR UDF. It is a completely other thing than altering the schema - as that is much likely bound by the application above.
Zoltán Zörgő 29-Oct-15 16:17pm View

Question text is not related to the title...
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Oct-15 7:14am View

0) Google!
1) there are many implementations you could use
2) if this is a homework, do it yourself
+1) I also "want" many things...
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Oct-15 14:43pm View

visual studio 10 ?????
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Oct-15 14:38pm View

No wild guess, I have found the same.
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Oct-15 14:26pm View

As I see you are suing some GPIO class. Where is it from? Could you post a link to it?
On the other hand, you create those controllers without freeing them, I don't think it is wise to do so whatever class you are using.

Are using Windows 10? http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cdndevs/archive/2015/05/08/windows-10-how-to-use-iot-extension-for-raspberry-pi-2-part-1.aspx
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Oct-15 14:14pm View

Won't work. FileSystemWatcher has no event for "accessing" only for creation, deletion and modification.
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Oct-15 13:39pm View

You'r right. My fault.
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Oct-15 13:33pm View

virtual +5
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Oct-15 13:18pm View

Looks a good catch! +5
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Oct-15 12:29pm View

Right :)
Zoltán Zörgő 26-Oct-15 14:53pm View

Look promissing, but does not seem to execute. Try it in my sqlfiddle.
Zoltán Zörgő 26-Oct-15 14:51pm View

Thank you. I took some time to make it in sqlfiddle. But it is working at least.
Zoltán Zörgő 26-Oct-15 13:43pm View

Cound you give a sample input xml you are trying to filter?
Zoltán Zörgő 20-Oct-15 14:32pm View

Ok, so you are using the official ADO.Net driver.
And how exactly do you pass the parameter to the query? Do you get any error?
Zoltán Zörgő 20-Oct-15 14:08pm View

And what .net driver? Please post the link to the web page you have downloaded the driver from.
Zoltán Zörgő 20-Oct-15 13:41pm View

Which sqlite .net driver are you using?
Zoltán Zörgő 19-Oct-15 7:49am View

You need a development time tool? What kind of "connection" are refering to?
Zoltán Zörgő 19-Oct-15 3:41am View

Please note that MAC addresses are of no use in your case. Any MAC can be changed on any client these days. On the other hand, the MAC address works on layer 2. This means that if the client and the server are located on other LAN or VLAN, they do not have any clue about the MAC of the other party.
But IP security is neither a good solution. You might encounter address changes anytime. Just think about DHCP, which is common.
I suggest you investiagte a little bit the possibility of certificate based authentication. See: https://www.iis.net/configreference/system.webserver/security/authentication/clientcertificatemappingauthentication
Zoltán Zörgő 18-Oct-15 13:26pm View

Create a small and concise project for demonstrating your problem and paste the code here, please.
Sorry but your English is hard to decrypt.
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Oct-15 18:13pm View

That's the idea. +5
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Oct-15 8:00am View

OK.
- what's the problem with IIS IP security?
- why the MAC?
Zoltán Zörgő 14-Oct-15 15:53pm View

you should be able if you refresh the page... but it looks that there are some bugs now on the page, so I think you will need to try a couple of minutes from now
Zoltán Zörgő 14-Oct-15 15:37pm View

Than why have you downvoted me?
Zoltán Zörgő 14-Oct-15 14:18pm View

Than what's the problem?
Zoltán Zörgő 14-Oct-15 14:02pm View

I don't know your skills and your experience in web development. Thus I can't tell you where you need to start catching up. The article I have linked is quite extensive and it is dealing with both client and server side - the later in PHP as you wanted. Read the article carefully. If you don't understand the code snippets there... than you are far from being able to do what you intend to do.
Here is what you will need to know (learn):
- the basics of how http works
- html classic and html5 specialities
- css
- php
- sql language and probably mysql administration
- some basic web server (probably apache) administration
So, what's your status?
Zoltán Zörgő 14-Oct-15 13:44pm View

I am pretty sure. Of course, you need some server side coding to pass recorded data between client and server, and to store it. And you need to add a pretty face to your client side. But it can be done.
Zoltán Zörgő 14-Oct-15 13:36pm View

You are welcome
Zoltán Zörgő 11-Oct-15 14:42pm View

1) If you look carefully, the result variable will hold all the http response body. You will need to extract the portion you need:
<textarea type="text" name="translatetext" style="width: 600px; height:250px;"/>Da followin procedure raps bout tha steps used ta bust data ta a server n' sh*t. This procedure is commonly used ta post data ta a Web page.translate=Tranzizzle Dis Shiznit</textarea>
If you don't want to parse the DOM, you can simply use RegExp for that. See updated answer.
Zoltán Zörgő 11-Oct-15 12:50pm View

Right, it is using only the printable subset of ASCII, but the goal with it was to make the message fit into the 7-bit ASCII.
Zoltán Zörgő 11-Oct-15 12:49pm View

Not really clear. Simply write your test code and try it.
Anyway: static fields are stored once, instance fields are stored per instance.
Zoltán Zörgő 11-Oct-15 12:04pm View

First answer these:
- ASP.NET Web Forms of MVC, or Web Pages?
- do you have the PDFs already in the database?
- if you want to create the PDFs yourself:
- from what?
- on the fly, or you can have stored version?
- could be good to generate pdf on client side?
Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 16:35pm View

can you connect with any client?
Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 16:27pm View

Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 16:22pm View

I think you should close media player object to release media file.
Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 16:20pm View

Ok, and if you comment these rows:
axWindowsMediaPlayer1.URL = "C:\\Users\\oguzhan\\Desktop\\ddd.wav";
axWindowsMediaPlayer1.Ctlcontrols.play();
Are you sure, that the media player is releasing the file? You should call Close() after playing.
Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 16:02pm View

Yes, to be short.
Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 15:57pm View

Of course.
One suggestion: design your application so that the server side is emitting 99% JSON (or raw data, such as resources) and only 1% static xhtml. More precisely: make your php code not to emit any html at all.
Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 15:33pm View

All of them are javascript (bootsrap is actually more about styling, than functionality, but still). Bootstrap and angularjs are (can be) complementary. You can use them both, but with care: https://scotch.io/tutorials/how-to-correctly-use-bootstrapjs-and-angularjs-together. But you can write everything from scratch in plain old javascript, or jQuery. But I would
Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 15:33pm View

Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 15:27pm View

What does it mean "you can't"? What kind of error message do you get?
Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 15:21pm View

It depends on the authorization provider you are using. So, which one do you have in mind?
Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 15:05pm View

NAudio is complicated??? Wait to see the API...
Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 12:10pm View

"the function is called from code" how exactly (from view or from controller)?
Zoltán Zörgő 10-Oct-15 9:35am View

thanks :)
Zoltán Zörgő 30-Sep-15 14:05pm View

Have you tried to sniff the http traffic?
Zoltán Zörgő 29-Sep-15 16:11pm View

I don't know which kind of setup you made, but I am sure it supports not only installing SQL Server Express named or default instance, but also attaching database to it during setup. User instances run like simple out of process components. If your application runs with enough rights, you can attach also from your code with T-SQL or SMO.
Zoltán Zörgő 29-Sep-15 4:00am View

Sorry, I won't do your job.
Zoltán Zörgő 29-Sep-15 2:48am View

No problem :)
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Sep-15 13:52pm View

Thank you.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Sep-15 13:49pm View

Why do you think that we know what these extensions mean?
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Sep-15 7:06am View

And....? What is stopping ypu in doing so? What have you tried so far?
Please improve your question.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Sep-15 6:04am View

You ar welcome. Try it! :)
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Sep-15 5:46am View

This is a good documentation for NModbus: http://ftp.icpdas.com/pub/cd/8000cd/napdos/modbus/nmodbus/nmodbus_api_manual_v1.2_en.pdf. As you will see, you can't read input and holding registers in one shot. Simply because they are different functions of the modbus protocol.
Consider something like this too: http://aiona.at/ddoc/datasheet%20ewon-flexy_industrial-m2m-router.pdf
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Sep-15 4:39am View

That makes a difference, as you can't guarantee continous access on internet side. You simply can't. Thus you need to add buffering with timestamps. I don't think the digi is enough for that. Those 8MB of RAM would last for a minute or two only (dpending on the number of records you need to take). For that you need something more performant. There are tools you might consider, but they could get more expensiver than the DIGI. Are you interested?
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Sep-15 4:24am View

First of all: do you need a snapshot of your sensors at the time when PC is polling, or do you need to record all data with a constant frequency?
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Sep-15 4:09am View

If IoT and cloud is in scope I don't suggest you to stich to Modbus/TCP on internet side. A REST API would be much-much better. The digi could handle all the Modbus RTU site, and you could get all data from the DIGI in one shot with a single http(s) call.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Sep-15 3:35am View

I got that.
Technically, yes. This is why you would need your digi to be Modbus/TCP slave, as I mentioned.
Still, you should consider other approaches too. If you give us more details about your environment, your business requirements, we could give you other advices.
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Sep-15 13:24pm View

Ok. Quite easy. What have you tried?
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Sep-15 4:22am View

Show us your connection string
Zoltán Zörgő 26-Sep-15 17:42pm View

At least tell us which OS are you targeting...
Zoltán Zörgő 26-Sep-15 13:12pm View

How? By making it.
Zoltán Zörgő 26-Sep-15 12:44pm View

Zoltán Zörgő 25-Sep-15 17:21pm View

For nothing. And where are my 5 points? :)
Zoltán Zörgő 25-Sep-15 17:05pm View

See update
Zoltán Zörgő 25-Sep-15 16:32pm View

What RDBMS are you using? Not all implement recursive selection.
Zoltán Zörgő 25-Sep-15 15:11pm View

Zoltán Zörgő 25-Sep-15 3:50am View

Yes, but there is no such subexpression! [KNW] is from the first, [A-GI-K] is from the second. But these are two different branches.
Zoltán Zörgő 24-Sep-15 16:59pm View

A more complex example please. Paste several lines from a real source and highlight (using formatting for example) what you want to extract.
Zoltán Zörgő 24-Sep-15 16:25pm View

It is not quite clear. Please add some sample to your post before you get some unusable answers.
Zoltán Zörgő 24-Sep-15 10:44am View

The expression is [KNW][0-9].*|A[A-GI-K].*|[KNW][A-FI-KM-OQ-Z].*|KP[06-9].*|KG[0-35-9].*|KG4[A-Z]|KG4[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z].
My code will transform it to: ^[KNW][0-9].*$|^A[A-GI-K].*$|^[KNW][A-FI-KM-OQ-Z].*$|^KP[06-9].*$|^KG[0-35-9].*$|^KG4[A-Z]$|^KG4[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z]$
Which means that any of these match:

[KNW][0-9].*
A[A-GI-K].*
[KNW][A-FI-KM-OQ-Z].*
KP[06-9].*
KG[0-35-9].*
KG4[A-Z]
KG4[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z]

We are good.

But NG3Y won't match any of them. A regex is either good or not good. But you can't fix it to match something that it should not.
Zoltán Zörgő 24-Sep-15 10:34am View

I can't find the expression on the link you gave. Could you post here the comnplete expresion?
Zoltán Zörgő 24-Sep-15 9:02am View

If teh expression is wrong, that it is wrong. What do you expect from me?
Zoltán Zörgő 24-Sep-15 6:05am View

Nobody? :(
It looks an issue on my side, as other can connect. Any idea about that? Am I missing a reference or something? I am using VS2013 Community Edition,. but SharpDevelop 5.1 is giving the same.
Zoltán Zörgő 24-Sep-15 6:00am View

Test the expression in any regular expression tester.
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Sep-15 12:57pm View

Unfortunately, local variables can be enumerated but only as type. You would need to inject a debugger into your code.
Still, I am sure you don't really need this. But without knowing your intentions...
Zoltán Zörgő 9-Sep-15 1:11am View

1) I can't calculate it for you as I don't know your record schema. Let's suppose you choose SQL Server. Create the database as you imagine it, and than look here
=50 devices*69 sensors*1 314 000 second per year*4 years*record size
+index size which I can't estimate as I don't know the indexes you need
2) Yes, you can theoretically go to the cloud. If the business you intend to support can accept this.
- Calculate the throughput you need. (Don't ask me how - think!)
- Can you guarantee this throughput all the time?
- What about the outages? How can you overcome them? Will you have a buffer?

I don't know your business. I don't know what devices do you intent to monitor. I don't know critical this reading are. I don't know what regulatory constraints you are facing. Thus I can't help you further.
Zoltán Zörgő 8-Sep-15 14:24pm View

Try it :)
Or read it:
General Remarks
Sequence numbers are generated outside the scope of the current transaction. They are consumed whether the transaction using the sequence number is committed or rolled back.
Zoltán Zörgő 8-Sep-15 13:38pm View

Yes, regex is a great tool.
Zoltán Zörgő 8-Sep-15 13:31pm View

Of course they are increasing capacity, but they have lots of backend and frontend servers - and they have developed their own data store engines for different purposes. And that one is not an RDBMS. See BigTable
But I don't think you should compare yourself with google.

Again: you have to choose the proper tool for your purposes. You might need to forget about what you already know and are used to. Mainstream is not always the good answer.
Zoltán Zörgő 8-Sep-15 10:53am View

10GB is the limit for SQL Express only. On a 64bit system, you can have DBs as large as your filesystem supports. Still, on SQL Server 10 years of 1000 sensors with 1/s frequency will cost roughly 25TiB. Bud you can do your calculations yourself.
- Do you have that much space?
- What do you think how long it will take to calculate a MIN/MAX even on a small portion of this? I can tell you: hours, even with indexes... Why? Because an index on a timestamp field that is continuous does not help much...
- You can't ZIP a portion of a 25TiB database.
- How will you achieve data backup? If your extra large storage fails - you will loose everything. Can you afford that?
- But you have to think about the queries you will need to answer... what timespans will those cover?
Zoltán Zörgő 8-Sep-15 10:43am View

Too vague.
"Classification" is a wide area. What is "web data" in your case?
Have you done some research on your own?
You can do parallelism in C# and this looks a good opportunity to use it. Still, I think, that CUDA is not for that. First of all because you restrict the usability of your application, and second, as I know CUDA is for numerical calculations - I doubt you will do such kind of classification. Still, look here: ManagedCUDA
Zoltán Zörgő 8-Sep-15 10:05am View

The problem is the OR (|). You need to exclude partial match. This will do it:

var cs = from c in xml.Root.Elements("Countries001").Elements("item")
let exp = c.Attribute("PrefixList").Value
let re = new Regex(string.Format("^{0}$", exp.Replace("|","$|^")), RegexOptions.IgnoreCase)
where re.IsMatch("VP8VPC")
select c.Attribute("Country").Value;
Zoltán Zörgő 8-Sep-15 9:39am View

You are welcome
Zoltán Zörgő 8-Sep-15 9:35am View

Hello. Well, what you described here is a topic cleary for a TsDB, not any kind of RDBMS.
3) In general, inserting 1000 rows at once costs less (in terms of resources) as issuing 1000 individual inserts
4) You need to calculate the raw data size devices*device sensors*readings per year*years*record size. If you add indexes to the table, that will cost you space and performance. Still you will need indexes if you want to issue queries against such a table. SQL Server's transaction log management is an issue you have to deal with. It is not a text file, and it can grow really big.
5) If you choose any RDBMS, you should look for one that supports partitioning, or you need to implement some logic for partitioning on your own. Both SQL Server and MySQLsupports partitioning, but if you can't afford to drop partitions automatically, they won't fit your needs. INSTEAD OF triggers or stored procedures can be used for even more dynamic partitioning.

Still, this google for "Time series database" - and consider Linux for it.

As this looks an industrial application I would also consider using an OPC server like Kepware, with it's historian. It is highly optimized and dynamic especially for this use.

These could be also something to take a look at: TeaFiles, Deedle
Zoltán Zörgő 7-Sep-15 15:40pm View

That's even simpler.

var xml = XDocument.Load(@"http://www.hrdsoftwarellc.com/hrdxmlcountries/LogbookCountryDataEx.xml");

var cs = from c in xml.Root.Elements("Countries001").Elements("item")
let re = new Regex(string.Format("^{0}$",c.Attribute("PrefixList").Value), RegexOptions.IgnoreCase)
where re.IsMatch("OZ1BV")
select c.Attribute("Country").Value;

cs.Dump();

I hope you can wrap a class or at least a method around it yourself.
But have you noticed that UniqueCalls001.item elements already have country attribute?
Zoltán Zörgő 7-Sep-15 5:07am View

Looks simple: concatenate the two arrays
var z = new int[x.Length + y.Length];
x.CopyTo(z, 0);
y.CopyTo(z, x.Length);
Zoltán Zörgő 6-Sep-15 16:22pm View

I don't get your problem: these PrefixList attributes contain valid regular expressions. I suppose, you would like to match them against UniqueCalls001.item.Callsign attributes.
Just do it. What you want exactly to achieve? Where are you stuck?
Zoltán Zörgő 5-Sep-15 4:09am View

Don't ask the same question multiple times - even reformulated!
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Aug-15 9:42am View

Not an answer, it is comment to something.
By the way, if you are using .NET as you tagged your question, this comment makes no sense.
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Aug-15 9:34am View

Well, if my answer helped you in the right direction, please upvote and accept it formally.
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Aug-15 3:38am View

This is your decision.
Again: Tesseract is free. You don't need to pay for it. But it is much more complicated to use.
Of course, you could make your own OCR library, but I doubt you would be able. On the other hand this yould cost you many times the price of a commertial OCR library - as time is money.

So I suggest you estimate your skills and the value of your time. And than decide.
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Aug-15 3:30am View

I don' tunderstand this comment. I don't have other idea but OCR.
Zoltán Zörgő 27-Aug-15 2:52am View

Neither Tesseract, nor IFilter is.
You can try to do it without OCR - but you will fail if your PDFs are just some PDFs from enywhere. PDF is just for rendering, thus there is no guaranty that a text you see in Acrobat Reader is actually a single object in the internal structure. I have seen many interesting examples. Not speaking about the situation when your text is actually an image.
Zoltán Zörgő 26-Aug-15 14:45pm View

The only reliable approach is OCR. Are you willing to take this path?
Zoltán Zörgő 26-Aug-15 14:44pm View

Any progress?
Zoltán Zörgő 19-Aug-15 16:19pm View

Well... do it!
Zoltán Zörgő 19-Aug-15 14:31pm View

Are you running this script from command line or over a web server? If you are using a web server you have to consider that the web url will be different from the OS level path.
Zoltán Zörgő 19-Aug-15 13:56pm View

What is your PHP version?
Are you sure you need basename there?

__DIR__ should equal to dirname(__FILE__) and that is your scripts folder. But whí don't you print it to debug?
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Aug-15 13:26pm View

Just a question: why do you want to focus the element to read any property of it?
Zoltán Zörgő 19-Jun-15 14:18pm View

Just a note: I wasn't he one who downvoted you.
Although I can accept the general view of Philippe Mori, that this could let people see what's going on the desktop, this is the goal of it. A screen saver is just a screen saver. As long as it is the decision of the user to disable it or change the the timeout - it can be the decision of the user to have a transparent screensaver. Yes, of course, with a GPO the administrator can stop the user to disable the screensaver or alter the timeout - but can also stop him from changing the screensaver or from adding a new one. And that's the decision of the administrator - and not of Microsoft.
I think that the screen saver itself is not a security tool.

My goal is exactly what's described on the web page of the tool I have linked in my post: the application running on the workstation does not provide the feature to lock only the user interactions - so I need to add this from system side.

Your idea might work. Still it is not viable in my case, as the application is displaying the result of an industrial camera. I might not be able to capture at all or at the desired refresh rate what's on the original desktop. If it is an overlayed image, I would need a mirror driver to do that. But as long as it is not displayed, the mirror driver won't be useful either...

I think I need to abandon this direction...
Thank you trough for your post.
Zoltán Zörgő 19-Jun-15 14:02pm View

I am afraid you'r right. None of the solutions I have seen so far are implemented as screen savers. Still, I don't really get the security idea behind...
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Jun-15 14:34pm View

Yes, that might be the other direction. Still, it looks a little bit more complicated than just placing a global hook. The main issue would be Ctrl-Alt-Del. There is an approach for that too, but looks to be a hard way...
Zoltán Zörgő 1-Apr-15 16:25pm View

Simple and easy. That dialog is for building a connection string. Locate the string and than you will see how you can change it.
Zoltán Zörgő 23-Mar-15 15:57pm View

See second link:
ASP.NET includes application state primarily for compatibility with classic ASP so that it is easier to migrate existing applications to ASP.NET. It is recommended that you store data in static members of the application class instead of in the Application object. This increases performance because you can access a static variable faster than you can access an item in the Application dictionary.
Zoltán Zörgő 23-Mar-15 14:07pm View

Not quite correct: the Application instance is not guaranteed to be common, as there can be many instances at any point in time. But the Application class is common. Thus if you use static members, you can communicate between instances, altrought you need to care about thread-safety as you also noted.
see: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/73728/ASP-NET-Application-and-Page-Life-Cycle and https://support2.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q312607.

Still, using this for a chat application is not quite the best approach.
Zoltán Zörgő 23-Mar-15 14:02pm View

"google is there all our requirement question no there" neither are they here, as you haven't posted any.
Anyway, the answer you have got is not correct...
Zoltán Zörgő 23-Mar-15 13:58pm View

Yes, it looks like you can use this API.
Zoltán Zörgő 22-Mar-15 16:21pm View

And where do you pass Samples to the View?
Like return View(Samples);
Zoltán Zörgő 22-Mar-15 15:19pm View

1) Format your post!!!
2) I doubt that ViewBag.name is an IEnumerable...
Zoltán Zörgő 22-Mar-15 14:41pm View

1) Why Excel
2) What do you mean exactly by "comparing"... what do you want to see as result?
Zoltán Zörgő 21-Mar-15 7:43am View

(LOL)
Please open all your windwos in your room, so that our knowledge accumulated in all those years of hard work can get to you and in your mind in a few seconds! Close your eyes and don't forget to concentrate on the white rabbit!
Sorry, I forgot to mention the red and the blue pill you will have to choose from.
But after that, anything is sooo much simpler. Just ask the operator to upload the handbook of VS... what am I saying... the whole CP in your mind and it's done.
Let's recap:
1) Follow the whitr rabbit
2) Don't be afraid, if your mouth vanishes.
3) Take the red pill
4) Don't forget to run - you'r not the choosen one, that one is Neo
5) Ask the operator to skip all those annoying training lessons, those are for the less talented ones
6) Try to jump over to that other building - you will fail (and fall), but that's no problem at all
7) Don't look after the girl in red - she is not your class
8) Now you are prepared for some higher class lessons in hacking... upload DOS in your operative memory
9) Great. Now ask the operator for Office user level operation guide... '95 will be just fine, that will be enough for ten years or so
10) We's almost there. No, kung-fu won't help - don't ask for that. Just eat that white thing. You will need all the proteines you can get.
11) Yes. Now ask the operator to upload MSDN and CP in your mind.
12) There you are. You know everything now. Happy encounter with Mr. Smith!
Zoltán Zörgő 20-Mar-15 16:17pm View

Besides the fact that it looks nonsense? :)
1) How does the scramble table structure looks like?
2) What RDBMS do you use?
Zoltán Zörgő 18-Mar-15 14:18pm View

Well, for wpf input validation you can use this nice approach: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/15610/Regex-Validation-in-WPF.
Zoltán Zörgő 18-Mar-15 2:03am View

well?
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Mar-15 17:50pm View

Don't you see, that you are negating the result before returning?

public static bool isFloatValue(string text)
Regex regex = new Regex(@"^\d*\.?\d?$");

False
True
True
True

As you wanted.
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Mar-15 16:45pm View

It is. Show me the code.
[^0-9.]+ means: anything that is not 0123456789.
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Mar-15 16:29pm View

It is correct, but try this:
@"^\d*\.?\d?$"
You were not using it correctly...
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Mar-15 16:00pm View

Why is this allowed, it has two decimals?
.12 -------------Allowed decimal in first place
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Mar-15 14:50pm View

Certenly. But hardly anybody will.
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Mar-15 14:46pm View

The code you can use to ping them in parallel is on the link I have posted, but you will need to adapt it to get the addresses from a table and to store the result in it.

And no, I won't give you that code. Because this is not how it works here. Try to solve it on your own. And if you get struck, come back and ask for help in that concrete situation - starting a new topic.
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Mar-15 14:39pm View

Well, you can't do any web these days, and you can't really interact wiht google tools without JavaScript knowledge. Even more, you will need JQuery framework too. But C# and JavaScript can be learned in parallel. But you need to tell apart the common syntactical backend (both have C-based syntax), the OO way of thinking both apply - and the extensive differences between them. They are meant to work in different points in the ecosystem.
Zoltán Zörgő 13-Mar-15 3:07am View

API key for what?
Zoltán Zörgő 7-Mar-15 9:14am View

And what is the logic behind srno?
Is it this one:
100 for d001
101 for d002
And do you have other Doccodes than the ones that mach "dnnn" pattern?
Zoltán Zörgő 6-Mar-15 17:40pm View

Try following:
0) You can't do anything as long as it is not attached. You have detached the database.
1) When you log in to SSMS, be sure to have an other database (but not master) as current database when trying to get it back online.
2) If you still don't succeed, restart server instance and log in from command prompt (sqlcmd) so you can issue the set online command. You can use sqlcmd to attach database if you want, but I suppose SSMS will be able to attach.
Zoltán Zörgő 6-Mar-15 12:46pm View

Let's clarify: you want to send SMS trough the Android phone attached to your laptop?
Zoltán Zörgő 6-Mar-15 2:41am View

What do you mean by combine? You can simply OR two expressions.
Zoltán Zörgő 5-Mar-15 2:47am View

There you have it: "rest of the text is trimmed due to evaluation restriction!" I don't know what exactly are you using but is is quite clear, that it is not properly licensed. What you are using is an evaluation version you will need to buy it.
Zoltán Zörgő 3-Mar-15 17:04pm View

This is not an answer. This is a comment to an answer. Please use proper widgets and remove this post.
Zoltán Zörgő 1-Mar-15 15:24pm View

Where did you see Javascript written?
Zoltán Zörgő 1-Mar-15 9:55am View

Why not?
You have at least two possibilities depending on the usage of the database:
1) Normalized approach: add a new table for the URLs and add a foreign key reference to your current table. Just add the URLs in an 1:N relation.
2) Not normalized approach: use an nvarchar(MAX) field and put them all in a single field separated by whatever you like.
(and several more)
At the end your upper layer has to deal with it.
Zoltán Zörgő 1-Mar-15 9:46am View

Good for you. Go for it!
Zoltán Zörgő 1-Mar-15 9:45am View

Why? Do you intend to find all off the dead-code in .net?
Zoltán Zörgő 1-Mar-15 7:53am View

What have you tried so far?
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 17:17pm View

HTTP/HTTPS is working over TCP so you actually use TCP sockets. Still, the protocols you have listed are not on the same level of the TCP/IP or ISO/OSI stack, so if filtering is working on different layers, you might not get trough. Usign the yahoo example: the proxy will need to open a socket directly to the server and port after CONNECT. Simplest taken it needs to send everything after line that trough the socket - and it needs to send back what it gets. After that the communication between the server and the client should be transparent. You could also use SslStream.

On the other hand you might find this approach interesting: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/93301/Implementing-a-Multithreaded-HTTP-HTTPS-Debugging.

Still, in this case the type of the communication can be detected as it will be standard one after leaving the proxy:
USER -> PROXY -> FILTER -> SERVER
In this case it should be more complex and not being standard at all. But to do that, you need an other party outside.
USER -> PROXY/OBFUSCATOR -> FILTER -> DEOBFUSCATOR -> SERVER
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 16:49pm View

Your choice.
You need sockets. At this level, you have to tailor http headers (of course part of the original one is passed), thus you can't rely on any upper level class (HttpClient even less HttpWebRequest).
But if you expect your solution to work, you have to follow the RFC. As browsers will.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 16:39pm View

I still suggest you to consult the code I have linked. You need to use sockets at this level. But to have a proper knowledge about what exactly you need to take into account you have to read rfc2817.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 16:31pm View

Well, you don't need to copy paste. But you should understand what you have to do when client send CONNECT. You either read RFC carefully, or you check how others have done this. It is up to you. So far your code is not doing what it should. You can't fix your code as long as you are not aware what it should do. And that is preciselly defined in the RFC.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 16:29pm View

No, you should not send CONNECT to yahoo. "You" as proxy should tunnel between the client and yahoo server.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 16:24pm View

This c# proxy implementation might be also interesting for you: http://www.mentalis.org/soft/projects/proxy/
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 16:10pm View

No, because it is intended to be porocessed by the proxy itself. Please read this RFC: https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2817.txt. You need to provide the tunneling with your proxy. So you don't forward the CONNECT to the third party.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 15:24pm View

Still unclear.
You already have a proxy?
It is made by you or it is a ready made one?
If you use a browser with that proxy, it is working as expected?

I am asking this because CONNECT is a method not meant to be used directly as GET and POST. And PUT, DELETE (used for REST APIs in general) might not be supported or enabled by default on that proxy.

With other words while GET, POST, PUT, DELETE (and others) are meant to pass trough the proxy, CONNECT is meant for the proxy/tunnel itself. On the other hand not all proxies implement CONNECT.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 6:30am View

Dude, what is XML material for you?
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 6:08am View

And why should we care what you need?

Approach 1: http://blog.tonercartridgedepot.com/2008/05/08/an-easy-way-to-count-pages-printed/[^]
Approach 2: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Script-to-generate-print-84bdcf69[^]
Approach 3: Monitor jobs in a printer queue (.NET)[^]
Approach 4: some printers support SNMP that can be used to retrieve print count for example.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 4:24am View

You can use OCR for that. Actually only OCR.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 4:08am View

Is the number of values in the string fixed?
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 2:58am View

Most unclear.
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 2:54am View

In general this is not a matter of coding or Sql Server operation. What connection possibility do you have from your remote locations to your server location?
Zoltán Zörgő 28-Feb-15 2:07am View

1) What do you expect to achieve?
2) And what if your application is closed ungracefully (e.g. killed from task manager)?
Zoltán Zörgő 26-Feb-15 6:51am View

Unclear
Zoltán Zörgő 23-Feb-15 15:42pm View

Zoltán Zörgő 23-Feb-15 15:34pm View

Well?
Zoltán Zörgő 23-Feb-15 14:21pm View

I don't know what you are expericenting. I have copied the code in LinqPad and replaced the url with yours. And it works.
Zoltán Zörgő 23-Feb-15 14:18pm View

I have a feeling that you are using Include[^] in the wrong way. Do you neally need include?

What was your intention?
Zoltán Zörgő 23-Feb-15 13:56pm View

I got that part, but what have you tried?
Zoltán Zörgő 23-Feb-15 13:43pm View

"Not able to" is no error message.
Zoltán Zörgő 23-Feb-15 12:25pm View

Show me your code.
Zoltán Zörgő 22-Feb-15 14:11pm View

Why? If you like curl, use curl! Jump here: and see my answer.
Zoltán Zörgő 22-Feb-15 13:24pm View

Well, no problem, use internal buffer, and gather all those bytes you get. If your buffer ends with "ES ", strip the terminator, and convert the rest to number. Empty the buffer go ahead.
Zoltán Zörgő 22-Feb-15 2:05am View

If this answer helped you (most) feel free to accept it formally.
Zoltán Zörgő 21-Feb-15 18:35pm View

Never ever send username-password in a GET query string!
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Feb-15 16:36pm View

My Windows has no ToDoList... :(
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Feb-15 15:22pm View

If you have found my answer of use, feel free to upvote and accept it formally.
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Feb-15 11:57am View

No import setting will handle text formatted this way. He will need some regexp, but the requirements are unintelligible.
Zoltán Zörgő 17-Feb-15 11:48am View

Sorry, but your english is quite impossible to understand.
Zoltán Zörgő 16-Feb-15 15:43pm View

Any progress?
Zoltán Zörgő 16-Feb-15 15:37pm View

Thank you.
Zoltán Zörgő 16-Feb-15 15:29pm View

Well, than feel free to upvote and accept my answer! :)
Zoltán Zörgő 16-Feb-15 15:18pm View

GO

CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.InsertMyDataTable
@dt AS dbo.dtExcel READONLY
AS
BEGIN
SET NOCOUNT ON;

insert into Customers (nameCustomer)
select DISTINCT nameCustomer from @dt as dt where NOT EXISTS (select nameCustomer from Customers where Customers.nameCustomer=dt.nameCustomer)
END
GO
Zoltán Zörgő 16-Feb-15 15:14pm View

And the error is...?
Zoltán Zörgő 16-Feb-15 15:04pm View

Well do the check you tried to do
Zoltán Zörgő 16-Feb-15 14:39pm View

dt is a datatable? What does this mean in your case? In your statement dt looks a regular sql table in the same database as Customers. If it is not, it won't work.
Zoltán Zörgő 16-Feb-15 11:46am View

"d" is easy to test, as you can force GC to collect. If if write something to the output in the dispose method, you will see if it is called or not.
This could be useful: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.object.finalize.aspx
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Feb-15 16:51pm View

Just to be clear: you can not run LINQ in any SQL Server, LINQ queries run in .NET. If you have C# or VB.NET or watever above, better use that approach. So, again: do you need a pure T-SQL solution or not?
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Feb-15 16:09pm View

So Maciej Los's LINQ solution is not an option for you. Right?
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Feb-15 15:38pm View

Well?
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Feb-15 15:05pm View

Yes, it works in that specific case, but you still need Descendants... so...
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Feb-15 14:46pm View

And what went wrong? What do you intend to achieve?
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Feb-15 14:35pm View

Think of GUI. All buttons, dropboxes, input fields, and so on are all controls. A form has only a list of controls, but you add those different objects to the controls list. To be able to do that, all those need to be descendants of control. If you create your special type of button, it will probably be a descendant of button. But it will still be a descendant of control too, thus could be added to the form's control list. The control defines common things like position, size, and of course click event. If you click on a form, the framework will walk trough the control list, and check which of them is affected by that click. And will cascade the event to that one. At that level it is indifferent which kind of control it is - it can be one predefined in the framework, but could be a special one made by you.

In general there is no need for Car myCar=new BMW() styled constructions. But indirectly such a list is made of such references.
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Feb-15 14:30pm View

What exactly would you like to see after parsing your input?
Zoltán Zörgő 15-Feb-15 14:10pm View

And what have you tried?