Comments by mrDivan (Top 65 by date)

mrDivan 15-Jul-15 3:12am View

You could try the following

public class WinDevices
static public List<deviceinfo> GetUSBDevices()
List<deviceinfo> devices = new List<deviceinfo>();

ManagementObjectCollection collection;
using (var searcher = new ManagementObjectSearcher(@"Select * From Win32_PnPEntity"))
collection = searcher.Get();

foreach (var device in collection)
var deviceInfo = new DeviceInfo();

public string Caption { get; set; }
public string Service { get; set; }

Kind regards
Divan
mrDivan 15-Jul-15 3:07am View

Good day

Please set the EnableViewState="true" on your control in your aspx page.

Kind regards
Divan
mrDivan 15-Jul-15 2:34am View

Thank you for your reply.
I connect to a sql remote database from my machine and from the remote server.
mrDivan 2-Jul-15 3:41am View

Anyone else have any ideas
mrDivan 1-Jul-15 7:11am View

Hallo thank you for your quick response. Do you perhaps have an example of how to encrypt an attribute.

Kind regards
Divan
mrDivan 17-Feb-15 3:20am View

Hi no only the order numbers which don't have a status 9 so O1 and o3
mrDivan 17-Feb-15 2:35am View

Sorry I have edited it I mean columns I cannot use = because it will return everything I need to now which ones have a status 8 but not a 9 status

Kind regards
mrDivan 22-Jan-15 5:28am View

tblTmpProductDetails will always have more than one record so if found the hole in my logic. I will have to loop trough each record in the tblTmpProductDetails table and for each record do the insert into the tblCustomer table
mrDivan 30-Sep-14 3:38am View

Thank you so much it worked I really appreciate it
mrDivan 14-Aug-14 8:57am View

webform
mrDivan 14-Aug-14 4:28am View

Hi thank you for your response. I tried but the method doesn't get executed
mrDivan 14-Aug-14 4:03am View

Sorry
mrDivan 30-May-14 3:35am View

Thank you So much after hours of coding sometimes it helps to have an outside view because we miss the small things
mrDivan 27-Feb-14 8:53am View

Good day Dave

Here is my scenario: when the user logs in I want to immediately change his password email his new password to him update his password and expiry date in active directory. I have learned how to change the password in ad Im just looking for a way to detect the login

I know my explanation is basic but I am just trying to find out if it is possible

Kind regards
mrDivan 27-Feb-14 8:24am View

Good day Sergey

Kind regards
mrDivan 27-Feb-14 8:19am View

Thank you will one be able to see username

Kind regards :)
mrDivan 19-Feb-14 6:01am View

I fixed it just need to rethink the process
mrDivan 19-Feb-14 5:29am View

thanks
mrDivan 18-Feb-14 6:41am View

Thanks but it didnt work
mrDivan 27-Sep-13 8:30am View

Im not looking for this solution I am trying to scroll a div only not the entire page but thank you anyway
mrDivan 22-Aug-13 4:56am View

Thanks but it is not working
mrDivan 20-Jan-13 7:52am View

mrDivan 20-Jan-13 7:32am View

hallo originalGriff thank you so much for your response the question is I have to handle the nullreference exception an the error input example"test" I do not know the type of the input
public string BuildList(object[] input)
string result = null;
for (int i = 0; i < input.Length; i++)
if (input[i] != null)

result = result + input[i].ToString() + ", ";

else
result = "error";

return result;
mrDivan 20-Jan-13 7:12am View

Can anyone help me
mrDivan 20-Jan-13 6:57am View

Hi THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP yes i tried it works but doesn whant to give me an error when input[i]= test it should then show error only when input[i]= test and not 1or 2or3
mrDivan 9-Jan-13 5:28am View

hallo thank you for your response the problem is that it does not save the updated value back to dt//the datatable
mrDivan 9-Jan-13 5:24am View

thanks for your response Sandeep im trying to write the edited value of celldata back to the in memmory table for that row
mrDivan 9-Jan-13 4:40am View

Hi im trying to change the value of celldata and then write that back to the datatable(in memmry)
mrDivan 21-Dec-12 4:54am View

mrDivan 21-Dec-12 4:53am View

mrDivan 21-Dec-12 3:58am View

Hi no its an asp.net application
mrDivan 21-Dec-12 3:49am View

yes that is correct
mrDivan 21-Dec-12 3:36am View

Hi thanks for your answer I really appreciate your time can you maybe tell me how to use the background worker to do this I have no experience in using a background worker
mrDivan 20-Nov-12 3:33am View

Thank you forgot about he postback thank you for your time spent helping me
mrDivan 7-Nov-12 5:37am View

ok thank you will give it a try
mrDivan 7-Nov-12 5:22am View

Sorry jim just a question should I change the gridview in the foreach loop depending on which gridview i want to be able to select
mrDivan 7-Nov-12 4:50am View

Thank you so much I appreciate it tremendously it worked first time.
mrDivan 31-Oct-12 10:12am View

Hi marcus my other table depends on it to be a primary key the group table has 5 columns company_Name pk,user_Name pk,groups pk, description,shared
the table has many to many relationship to my other table which has the following columns company_Name pk user_Name pk,groups pk, cellNo pk ,title,name ,ref
the 1 table has foreign key relationships to the first tables primary keys
mrDivan 30-Oct-12 10:42am View

mrDivan 23-Oct-12 4:02am View

Hi Again

It works if I run this in Microsoft sql on the database but when I run the same statement on the same database in mySql it doesnt return any results
mrDivan 23-Oct-12 3:54am View

ThaNKS IT DOESNT WORK
mrDivan 23-Oct-12 3:53am View

Hi Again

mrDivan 22-Oct-12 8:50am View

hallo here is my code

MySqlCommand sqlC = new MySqlCommand("select * from T_users where Active like @filterText and where Company_Name = '" + CompanyName + "' ", myconfill);
sqlC.Parameters.AddWithValue("@filtertext", '%' + txtFilter.Text + '%');
MySqlDataAdapter da = new MySqlDataAdapter(sqlC);
DataSet ds = new DataSet();
da.Fill(ds);
gdvauthors.DataSource = ds;
gdvauthors.DataBind();
myconfill.Close();
mrDivan 22-Oct-12 8:48am View

Hi Thank you No I know how to pass the session varaibles to the sql the problem is with mySql statememt and how to get it to work with the like statement returning more than one value
mrDivan 22-Oct-12 7:47am View

Hallo thank you for your help it does have a wildcart in the variable so that works the problem is lets say I have a database with a company 4 users and each user has 4 recipients lets say user 4 has the following recipients Abe, Andrew, Allan and bart the user then types in an a in the filtertextbox to fillter on lets say he wants to return all the names containing an a then it will return Abe,Andrew and allen the problem Im expreriencing is my select statement will then look like this
select * from t recipients where CompanyName = @CompanyName"this is an session variable" and UserName = @UserName"this is an session variable" and recipient like @ filtertext "which is now Abe, Andrew, Allan" so there is the problem I just dont know how to fix it
mrDivan 18-Oct-12 11:05am View

Hi sorry yes I do use that my problem is in the logic the code works but if i Filter on say ex a the value of @filter can be more than one if there is more than one user with a username containing an a so then my statement never returns a value because the and doesn work but if n run the the statement without the where company_Name = @Company name then it does return results but it does then reutn results for the whole table and not just where comapnay name = @company Name
mrDivan 12-Oct-12 2:43am View

Ho I changed the parameters back to@filterlist but it doesnt work but thanks for your help anyway
mrDivan 11-Oct-12 10:59am View

Hi Marcus

here is my code im trying to use the selected value from a dropdown list as a variable but that seems broken

protected void btnFilter_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

string filterlist = ddFillist.SelectedItem.Value;
string filterText = " % " + txtFilter.Text + "%";
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection myconfill = new MySqlConnection(GetConnectionString());
if (myconfill.State != ConnectionState.Open)
try
myconfill.Open();
catch (MySqlException ex)
throw (ex);

// where ?filterList like ?filterText
MySqlCommand sqlC = new MySqlCommand("select * from T_company where ?filterlist like ?filterText ", myconfill);
MySqlDataAdapter da = new MySqlDataAdapter(sqlC);

sqlC.Parameters.AddWithValue("?filterlist", filterlist);
sqlC.Parameters.AddWithValue("?filtertext",'%'+txtFilter.Text+'%');

DataSet ds = new DataSet();
da.Fill(ds);
gdvauthors.DataSource = ds;
gdvauthors.DataBind();
myconfill.Close();
if i change ? filterlist with company_name it works seems like im somehow not giving my parameter the right vale
mrDivan 11-Oct-12 7:54am View

i have 11 columns and company_name is my primary key
mrDivan 11-Oct-12 4:19am View

Im sorry I dont understand could you give me an example
mrDivan 8-Oct-12 10:29am View

Thanks for the advice but it still does not update the values in my database
mrDivan 8-Oct-12 5:38am View

yes it is an column that holds the primary key values i am trying to update that value
mrDivan 18-Sep-12 6:25am View

mrDivan 4-Sep-12 5:06am View

i keep getting this error
The name 'fileuploadExcel' does not exist in the current context
mrDivan 4-Sep-12 4:51am View

sorry here is the right code

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<asp:fileupload ID ="fileuploadExcel" runat="server" />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td>
<asp:Button ID="btnSend" runat="server" Text="Export" onclick="btnSend_Click" />
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server">

</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>
mrDivan 4-Sep-12 4:42am View

Hi here is my other code could you please tell me where would u put the fileupload

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="CSharpUpload.WebForm1" %>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>WebForm1</title>
<meta name="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio 7.0">
<meta name="CODE_LANGUAGE" Content="C#">
<meta name=vs_defaultClientScript content="JavaScript">
<meta name=vs_targetSchema content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5">
</HEAD>

mrDivan 30-Aug-12 2:49am View

Ok thank you
mrDivan 27-Aug-12 10:57am View

i have updated the code
Thanks
mrDivan 27-Aug-12 10:55am View

thanks i tried it the problem is it only returns SqlServer.Form1 + sqlserverlist
mrDivan 27-Aug-12 9:50am View

it only adds Sqlserver.form1 SqlSeverList
in the listbox
mrDivan 27-Aug-12 8:13am View

listBox2.DataSource = AllInstanceSqlserver; this is what i did but it does not add the items in the list box
mrDivan 27-Aug-12 7:39am View

How would I display it in an list view
mrDivan 20-Aug-12 4:34am View

mrDivan 20-Aug-12 4:33am View

mrDivan 20-Aug-12 4:33am View

Hi Amit thanks for your response

How do i encrypt my web config file and will this not make it slower because at has to decrypt everytime.

Am I correct in saying that they will not have access to the .csfiles