Comments by Varsha Ramnani (Top 34 by date)

Varsha Ramnani 30-Apr-14 10:45am View

Can you give sample of the output you need..
Varsha Ramnani 15-Apr-14 11:47am View

why are you using linking condition of booking_id in join as well as in where ... you don't need to do that condition check in where clause
Varsha Ramnani 1-Apr-14 5:44am View

you can use temptable to store the result of this query and then use sum(PercentageColumn) and Union
Varsha Ramnani 27-Mar-14 23:58pm View

You are right those things are required if we access Key for Local Machine but I am using Key for Current User and I can edit the keys manually from regedit so I don't think it is the issue with UAC.
Varsha Ramnani 27-Mar-14 4:43am View

I have Already checked for Existing entry in the code so that is not the issue.
As for insufficient rights I don't think that is a issue as well because when i run the code in visual studio with the same profile it runs properly and when I run the exe from the project debug it throws this "unauthorized operation" error.

HKey_Current_User does not need any special access rights.
Varsha Ramnani 27-Mar-14 3:17am View

Yes I tried it using Run As And it still shows the same problem
Varsha Ramnani 27-Mar-14 3:16am View

Yes I tried it using Run As And it still shows the same problem
Varsha Ramnani 27-Mar-14 3:05am View

But I am trying to use HKey_Current_User and it works properly from Visual Studio it just doesn't work from exe.
And It also works fine when I am using "Run" from the same Registry instead of "RunOnce".
Varsha Ramnani 15-Feb-14 7:11am View

are you using C#?
If yes you can use datetime variable for DOB and use variablename.Year to find year.
Varsha Ramnani 24-Jan-14 1:33am View

Why write code to do this & for every checkbox Checked why are you looping through all the rows and apply style again?

you can create a boolean property for ProjectSelected bind it to the checkbox and in trigger you can use that property to set the background, no need to write the code.
Varsha Ramnani 23-Jan-14 9:32am View

actually it doesn't matter if the border is in main grid...
what is the content that you are drawing on canvas using code?
I checked ActualHeight and ActualWidth of usercontrol at the time of SizeChanged it is new one with maximise/restore or draging to resize.
how are you calculating the size of the content being drawn on canvas?
Varsha Ramnani 22-Jan-14 23:50pm View

Why use border as a containing element why not another Grid or even stackpanel?
Varsha Ramnani 22-Jan-14 4:54am View

I don't get why you are using SizeChanged event handler to redraw the user control?
Grid is a fluid layout type so if the parent window's size is changed then the usercontrol size also gets changed and is calculated according to the parameters in Grid...
& it works fine for me anyway i change the size without sizechanged event handler.
your usercontrol belongs to Main window where you have implemented SizeChanged event right?
Varsha Ramnani 13-Dec-13 1:24am View

What have you tried so far?
What is the criteria to merge you data?
Varsha Ramnani 12-Dec-13 5:56am View

What have you tried so far....
Varsha Ramnani 12-Dec-13 2:15am View

Did you read the CP article it is exactly what you are looking for... it does running total.
you will need to use your query as subquery to the main query that does running total.
Also look at the other links. you will get the idea how to change your query to accomplish what you are looking for.
Varsha Ramnani 10-Dec-13 4:40am View

Varsha Ramnani 30-Nov-13 4:55am View

what is the value of AutoGenerateColumns property of datagrid if it is set to false then have you created columns and set the binding to respective columns in datatable?
Varsha Ramnani 30-Nov-13 4:38am View

Have you checked that there is data in dt after adap.Fill(dt) line is executed?
Varsha Ramnani 30-Nov-13 4:28am View

you can use MDI form as your main form with Home, about us & login menu items.
Varsha Ramnani 26-Jul-13 5:27am View

WPF only renders controls when visible thats UI virtualization.
So tab items content are rendered when the tab is selected (when they are visible) that is the reason loadcompleted event is not executed for all the Webbrowser controls in tabs when your application or windows is loaded.
Varsha Ramnani 26-Jul-13 2:16am View

read this http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/silverlight/en-US/25abdc19-b4e1-4d5b-a931-c8cbc78dd05e/how-to-get-distinct-element-of-an-observablecollection .
Varsha Ramnani 24-Jul-13 3:49am View

I guess you know concept of DataBinding in WPF and Binding Data to DataGrid if you know that concept you will be able to do your code the way I mentioned it.
Try it and if you are stuck somewhere we will try to solve it
Varsha Ramnani 24-Jul-13 2:58am View

As I said in my first comment

Add ListView, Button and DataGrid in your window and on Button Click Filter the Collection using Selected ListViewItem and Bind that Data Collection to DataGrid.

you can also Binding complete Collection on ListView Loading to the DataGrid and then just Filter that Collection on Button Click according to the Selected ListViewItem the Filter Collection will automatically display on DataGrid.
Varsha Ramnani 24-Jul-13 2:20am View

It wont work because of the join with FamilyMembers table Count(Fam.familyId) returns Total number of Family Members and not Total number of families.
So, Applying Distinct on Count(Distinct Fam.FamilyID) instead of Count(Fmem.MemberId) will work perfectly but will be a bit slower.
Varsha Ramnani 24-Jul-13 1:50am View

The code provided by sarin is correct you just need to add Stackpanel in you designer along with the button.
Varsha Ramnani 24-Jul-13 1:50am View

Varsha Ramnani 24-Jul-13 1:32am View

Where do you want to add the new User Controls on a new window or the same window where button is clicked?
I think what you need is binding your listview item to your UserControl and the values will be displayed according to the selected items because of binding.
Varsha Ramnani 24-Jul-13 1:24am View

you can use LINQ to your observable collection as it is enumerble type you will find DISTINCT function on your collection.
Varsha Ramnani 24-Jul-13 1:13am View

like operator is used for string comparisons.
you are comparing date values thats why I suggested this solution.
If you want to use like operator then Solution 4 is correct and it is not a subquery.
Varsha Ramnani 10-Aug-11 6:02am View

I know that. I also said that it is a nice link & I am not looking for the exact answer either.
Varsha Ramnani 10-Aug-11 3:35am View

Tarun I know the link is good But it doesn't match my requirements as I have mentioned
Varsha Ramnani 10-Aug-11 3:34am View

I have checked this link yesterday only but It uses RowStyle to highlight & also It needs the Selection Unit to be Set to FullRow Rather than Cell and I have Selection Unit as cell.
Varsha Ramnani 10-Aug-11 3:20am View