Comments by Abdul Rahman Hamidy (Top 79 by date)

Abdul Rahman Hamidy 31-Dec-13 22:54pm View

you are right, I am looking to know before ending status (may be 100ms before).
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 27-Feb-13 1:55am View

Thanks for the repoy. I solved it, I designed the same application in VS 2005 .Net 2.0 it worked perfect.

Before I designed that in VS 2008 .Net 3.5. I don't know why it doesn't work with .Net 3.5
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 27-Feb-13 1:36am View

I already edited ImgPath to ImagePath. It only hangs with Image, I changed the param and i wanted to show text in a textbox it works, it only hangs with image.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 27-Feb-13 1:23am View

Thanks for reply, what are you storing in PranayLogo? I can simply use file:\\C:\\Image\a.jpg
instead. I found that if i even didn't pass the parameter it sill hangs? while it should tel me you didn't pass param. this is how i passed param value in report design (Value=Parameters!ImagePath.Value)
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 20-Jan-13 2:07am View

Thanks, I just started, though i have created ASPX menu database driven, but i wanted to go a head on creating such menu. "this was something new for me"
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 10-Nov-12 23:34pm View

Thanks, I run sql profiler while executing the page and i did find the procedure in profiler. I copied the procedure from profiler and run it in SSMS (Management Studio) and it runs in a second but in page it gives that exception.

below is the connection string in config file in side tag. (other pages are running correctly)

name="ConnString" connectionstring="Server=something; Initial Catalog=DBName; User ID=User; Password=password; Connection TimeOut=180;" providername="System.Data.SqlClient"

and also the sqlDataSource in the page

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="sqlgvCDCDetail" runat="server"
ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ConnString %>"
SelectCommand="GetCDCDetail" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure">
<SelectParameters>
<asp:SessionParameter DefaultValue="0" Name="rID"
SessionField="RegionID" Type="Byte" />
<asp:SessionParameter DefaultValue="0" Name="pID"
SessionField="ProvinceID" Type="Byte" />
<asp:SessionParameter DefaultValue="0" Name="dID"
SessionField="DistrictID" Type="Int16" />
<asp:SessionParameter DefaultValue="0" Name="bgTID" SessionField="BgTypeID"
Type="Byte" />
<asp:SessionParameter Name="fID"
SessionField="FPID" Type="Byte" />
<asp:SessionParameter Name="usrName" SessionField="UserName"
Type="String" />
</SelectParameters>
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 10-Nov-12 7:46am View

Thanks, there is no error, a very simple page (GridView + SqlDataSource), calling procedure in sql server. and it takes long time to execute page but a second in sql server 2k5.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 10-Nov-12 6:32am View

Abdul Rahman Hamidy 10-Nov-12 0:44am View

Thanks, I don't want to set the value and neither i want it to focus, I only want to show the calender without focusing on the date. I want it to only pop up. no focus on the day.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 8-Nov-12 13:00pm View

Thanks, I have already done with null value, and pop up while focusing the control, I am only concern with the focus of current date as when it show down (shows the calender) you can see by default it select today date, but i don't want it that way, I want it to focus the date i want when exactly it pops up.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 9-Oct-12 6:10am View

Thanks :)
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 25-Aug-12 0:49am View

write the script inside the aspx page, you can write it in heading or body.. if you design a simple page having one button and the code i write, that definitly works because i checked it.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 24-Jun-12 2:02am View

I exactly don't understand, but there might be a lot of files (>1000), do i need upload all of them in server so that the user could be able to view it? do you think it would be a good idea?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 23-Jun-12 23:57pm View

Thanks for the reply, the situation is that i would like to open PDF, world and excel files, I have gridView with a link button that should open the desired file from a shared folder in the server, therefore i am using Process.Start to open the desired file. as i mentioned the privileges are assigned but still unlucky to do the job.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 5-May-12 23:55pm View

and also, I just heard of windows 7 for mobiles but I don't know whether windows 8 for mobiles is released for developers or not?

Thanks
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 5-May-12 23:49pm View

Thanks, I exactly have no idea about, but i know number of users would be around 3000-5000 which would use the application using smart phones. I would appreciate if you could please provide me the advantage / disadvantage of each OS over each.

Thanks again!
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 1-Mar-12 2:45am View

Thanks, I find it, ISP didn't allow port 1433 through their policy.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 29-Feb-12 6:24am View

Thanks, connection is there, Db is there.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 21-Feb-12 3:50am View

Thanks Bernhard. OMG what a big change, finally I made it
here is the result 9106 rows fetched in 0.6145s (0.5294s). My query is the same as my post.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 21-Feb-12 3:42am View

Thanks for you reply, I did follow the steps
1. I changed t2.type = 0
2. I added index in type & SDURN fields and the same I added index in SDU Ref No in the original table
but still problems seems the same
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 21-Feb-12 1:41am View

thanks for your reply, regarding "in & and", I think "and" executes faster than "in" and I also used "in" but its the same. I removed the cast function but still the same.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 8-Nov-11 2:18am View

did you try google?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 15-Aug-11 23:33pm View

thanks for reply, I think this code is for Win form application while I asked for Web forms, anyhow, how can i allow ActiveX in IE7,8 and 9?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 15-Aug-11 4:27am View

thanks for reply, the link which you mentioned, that link only uses window.print().
that does not work like the IE print preview, I think i should go for ActiveX like code to provide same functionality as IE7,8, and 9.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 3-May-11 7:32am View

is there a problem if you add items to listbox using javascript and you then loop using javascript and open new window foreach item of the listbox.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 3-May-11 7:16am View

Good Point and very useful.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 3-May-11 7:16am View

Good Point
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 3-May-11 5:57am View

I recommend google "how to read outlook inbox using c#" this will give you good links, once read then simply insert them into database. I have done same issue 2 years ago in a project. (Google really helped me)
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 30-Apr-11 7:12am View

what is the exception you are getting and i think you are using illegal characters in folder name.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 30-Apr-11 4:12am View

you can loop and do recursion... and use TreeNode properties.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 27-Apr-11 2:41am View

to my answer, I think i have create a custom progressBar and then override onPaint method, thanks for the answer.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 26-Apr-11 23:23pm View

thanks for your answer, that is only a sample i shown, but I did not find OnPaint Event of Progress Bar. any ideas please?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 23-Apr-11 0:24am View

If you can at least write some code, sure we can let you know the way to do it. otherwise google is a good asset.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 20-Apr-11 4:41am View

let me thanks, but your code retrieve the selected Text not selected Value, but I used your code in many other places, thanks to jQuery and you.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 20-Apr-11 2:17am View

Thanks, I did not find Add Comment button in two bellow solutions so I write my answer here, for sure the Property AutoPostBack is assigned to true, but my suggestion is different, the comboBox must postback only if the item written in combobox exists in itemList otherwise no postback should occur.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 5-Apr-11 0:11am View

sure its not defined as static, Socket variable is private as Socket socket=....
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 4-Apr-11 6:47am View

well I am using different Objects, as f.login() and another f1.login(),
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 4-Apr-11 6:40am View

well, that Idea i got when debugging the code a few min ago, then I tried to find out if there is any properties to let me know the status, I find only Connected but no such properties which let me know the listen status, I would appreciate to know any ideas.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 4-Apr-11 6:25am View

thanks, the link does not provide enough information as it provide
"Some invalid argument was supplied (for example, specifying an invalid level to the setsockopt function). In some instances, it also refers to the current state of the socket—for instance, calling accept on a socket that is not listening."
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 4-Apr-11 6:14am View

thanks, Socket Error Code is 10022, I am trying to figure out what that error code means, If you have information please let me know.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 8-Feb-11 3:34am View

well, you are right but I just wana have the idea behind that course, this is for sure It wil very difficult to understand things in 1-2 months but getting idea is more than having no ideas. I appreciate you.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 8-Feb-11 3:23am View

Thanks, you mean I should go for some alternative but I already used this in my project and if I go for other alternative they may not provide me same functionality as Ajax ComboBox provides, any how. one more issue which i wana share, I have two ComboBox in my aspx page, I want to focus (selectAll) my first ComboBox and while postback i wana focus my 2nd ComboBox. I can focus both but the question remains as when I do focus comboBox the selected Text should get hilighted (selected). any ideas how to achive this, plz?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 7-Feb-11 3:52am View

thanks for reply but I really dont understand, I dont know whether you guys got my problem or not.
I am still asking the same problem, How can i access Ajax ComboBox DropDown Button Only not the list within the ComboBox, I dont wannt to access li or ul or any item in the list. If you place any Ajax ComboBox inside aspx page, definitly you will get a TextBox, a DropDown Button in your aspx page. I also added the page source in my Question, if you see the button visibility is set to false but stil i can see that button in my aspx page.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 6-Feb-11 2:03am View

thanks :-)
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 6-Feb-11 1:40am View

thanks for Reply, well I want to access the button which drops down the list, the button in right side of ajax comboBox. I really dont know what to name that button, like above code I am able the access the textBox but not able to access that button. any ideas please?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 3-Feb-11 0:20am View

I am really sorry for late answer, I was looking for answer Count but that did not increase and I found out comment in my email, any how, I am using bellow to access TextBox
TextBox textBox = cmbSDURN.FindControl("TextBox") as TextBox;
if (textBox != null)
textBox.Attributes.Add("onblur", "return validateItemExists(this);");
textBox.Attributes.Add("onkeydown", "return gotoNext(event);");
textBox.Attributes.Add("onfocus", "focusAndSelect(this);");
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 28-Jan-11 12:00pm View

I had the same issue generating dynamic controls, I used PageLoad to build up my dynamic controls.
I am asking generate your Controls in PageLoad in PostBack, as I see the CheckBox do Postback.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 28-Jan-11 10:19am View

thanks for your reply, but I solved it very easily, I created a property in my MasterPage and Iam
accessing that Property from child controls and OnPageLoad I do create control dynamically which in PageLoad ViewState is there for me, Thanks
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 28-Jan-11 9:18am View

I just used these 2 statements, R for PreRender and L for PageLoad
Response.Write("R: " + Session["YearID"].ToString());

Response.Write("L: " + Session["YearID"].ToString());

these 2 provides different values.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 26-Jan-11 12:28pm View

thanks, I already tried the link but there is not clear solution on that link.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 26-Jan-11 11:05am View

thanks, this is what my question is? how?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 26-Jan-11 9:58am View

thanks, the bad thing is my VS 2010, VS 2008 and VS 2005 dont have Web Control Library, they have AJAX SERVER Control and ASP.Net SERVER Control. any ideas of that template?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 26-Jan-11 9:31am View

thanks, I dont have issue creating user control, I want to create a control inherited from Ajax ComboBox, which should provide all functionalities of Ajax ComboBox. My question is different from what the link provides.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 26-Jan-11 9:25am View

thanks for reply, I tried debug="false" in web.Config file, the problem is solved but now I am getting bellow error
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 4.0.20506; InfoPath.2; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:23:51 UTC

Message: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Could not find UpdatePanel with ID ''. If it is being updated dynamically then it must be inside another UpdatePanel.
Line: 2
Char: 74672
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/SDU/ScriptResource.axd?d=IDEF6S5g92VWXUA2SbDEfEypgy5lSHxsVjkEImUEM3QCjnl7sGMdQ8mEkpEXVxUH0&t=11e6618b

I googled alot and find out solutions but none worked for me. any ideas?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 10-Jan-11 7:24am View

sorry the correct message is we dont have high bandwidth internet its is only 64Kbps for multi users.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 10-Jan-11 7:21am View

I dont think this is the only mechansim, isnt there any other mechansim to implement?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 10-Jan-11 7:17am View

bandwidth=64kbps for 6 users.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 10-Jan-11 6:22am View

thanks, let me make sure CE uses Columns to identify what is newly added?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 10-Jan-11 6:05am View

thanks, well, I can't rollback to use SQL CE, I have already done one with SQL CE but in this envoirnment I can't go for SQL CE.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 8-Jan-11 0:21am View

thanks I solved it.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 7-Jan-11 4:14am View

thanks for your reply, the link is very usefull, but a question, I already developed web site and now for the report part how can i have MVC? can i have the same in my developed app?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 6-Jan-11 0:56am View

thanks for your reply, I forget to mention that I am using Local Report not SERVER Report. I dont have SQL SERVER 2k5 Reporting service and I have no knowledge about it. I designed my reports in VS 2010.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 6-Jan-11 0:54am View

thanks for your reply,
I modified your Code as instead of if(elements.length==1) I wrote if(elements.length>0) that works fine to get the selected Text but not the selected Value, I can't retrieve the selected value using that code.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 5-Jan-11 9:26am View

I tried your code, but is not working and my page postbacks even i have "return false" at end of function.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 5-Jan-11 9:10am View

"[Code moved to question]" into it, thanks for reply, I am trying Manfred suggestion.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 5-Jan-11 8:09am View

"[Code moved to question]" :-)
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 5-Jan-11 3:41am View

thanks for your reply,as Sandeep Mewara stated the 2nd parameter in window.open was the problem, I am changing the param in loop and that solved my problem.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 5-Jan-11 3:39am View

thank you very much, You solved my problem, Appreciated!!!
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 5-Jan-11 3:36am View

thanks alot, I used RDLC that works for me, but stil looking for good solution that would change my entire aspx page which has RDLC report to pdf and save the pdf file in server.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 5-Jan-11 1:25am View

thanks for ur reply, I am looking for such type but free, PDF4ML is a good tool can i find the free version plz?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 4-Jan-11 9:59am View

thanks for reply, but the reporting tool is not free. i am looking for free tool
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 29-Dec-10 4:25am View

thanks for reply, I dont wanna save my html page to SERVER, I just want to read it from stream.
I am looking to convert my html page directly to PDF without saving PDF file to server.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 27-Dec-10 6:10am View

would you please clarify alittle bit, DO I really need to use Crystal Report in my Web Application?
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 27-Dec-10 6:09am View

would you please clarify alittle.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 20-Dec-10 4:52am View

I have other pages which is working correctly, they also have ajax accordian, ComboBox and other controls.

in this page I dont know what is going wrong, I am getting this error only when i add UpdatePanel, if i add other ajax 4.0 controls then no error appears.
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 20-Dec-10 3:25am View

thanks for the answer, by using your code I am getting following error.
//Error
Webpage error details

Timestamp: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:23:18 UTC

Message: Sys.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: panelsCreated[1]
Line: 157
Char: 12
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/SDU/ScriptResource.axd?d=gQgpR5F8qu4oPmkOpa5XkrxL93OFrscRfouwGkMdV20T7RjaxoTo68z7D3O5mNPL2CVokMHFmkhpm3Nbw3D0GA2&t=11e6618b

//Error
and bellow is my code in page
<asp:ToolkitScriptManager ID="ToolkitScriptManager2" runat="server" EnablePartialRendering="true">
</asp:ToolkitScriptManager>
<div runat="server" id="dvContent">
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="upExplorer" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
<contenttemplate>

</asp:UpdatePanel>
</div>
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 19-Dec-10 3:07am View

this is the error i am getting.
"Sys.ArgumentException: Value must not be null for Controls and Behaviors. Parameter name: element
ScriptResourc.axd line 4621 char 23 Code 0"
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 19-Dec-10 0:51am View

exactly this solved the problem, I added CheckBox as TemplateField and solved my problem, thanks alot Jackon, I appreciate!!!
Abdul Rahman Hamidy 14-Dec-10 10:08am View

I am really sorry for adding answer to wrong place, as you can read my question is very clear, it state, how I can get the selected value of my Ajax 3.5 ComboBox using javascript? I am clearly stating Ajax 3.5 not ASP.Net DropDownList.