There are so many reasons to either use WCF or ASP.Net WS. Based on Web Server, communication pattern and style, it can be chosen. I will leave it up to you.
If you would like to use WCF,
1. Add Service Reference in your .Net solution. This will help you to get the data in xml format.
2. If you have XML, then you can transform that to XSLT and it can be bound to asp.net grid view.
Below link can help you on how to convert to XSLT
3. Another way is to convert XML to a specific class and you can bind that to Grid View as given in the below link.
If you use generic ASP.Net WS,
1. You would use HTTP Request/Response
2. Remaining steps are same as explained above in WCF.
hi, Yes I have all the client-server enviroment working good (tested), my doubt is how to retrieve the DATA BASE query result from the WS without a dataSet RETURN and then fill a datagridView, I made it in other projects with php+Mysql+Json , but Dunno how it works in a .net WS enviroment.