The answers that you are looking for cannot be fully answered in one reply. What we can provide you are hints.
Here are some of the hints:
First, for locating the IDs in a text file:
You can use some of the combination of the techniques below:
4. as suggested by CodeNinja: [How to: Search Strings Using Regular Expressions
This might takes you couple of days (whole day) to study it.
Next, about exporting data to Excel.
There are various of ways to export data to an Excel File. What I can recall is:
1. Using Excel.Interop
2. Using OleDB
3. Using 3rd party DLL
- NPOI - Export to Excel 2003 (xls)
- CloseXML - Export to Excel 2007/2010 (xlsx)
- OpenXML (Microsoft) - Export to Excel 2007/2010 (xlsx)
for more options: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/444522/import-and-export-excel-what-is-the-best-library
4. For a quick and easy reference, you may search through the source code of this project: http://simpb.codeplex.com
- SimPB has a function of exporting data into CVS and Excel, you can copy & the paste the code for your own use.
5. You can export the data and make it as a HTML table file, but save the file extension as .xls
. Microsoft Excel will automatically convert it into Excel.
Next, about exporting to CVS.
For fast solution, you may just copy and paste the code from http://simpb.codeplex.com. The codes are written inside the project. You may try to find it.
There are lots of 3rd party tools that you can use. You can find it in codeproject.
Next, about exporting to Access.
I never done this before, but I know that you can do it with OleDB.
Each of the component mentioned above will take you couple of days(8 hours a day) to study and implement it in your project. You should be able to accomplish what you want in a week of time.
Where is the link? Google can easily tell. If you can't locate it, post it in comment.