|Also doing a lot of commercial ASP.NET stuff, I never ever found a COMMERCIAL (i.e. no small shareware tool) .NET application for WinForms.
Although there are a lot of commercial .NET WinForm LIBRARIES (e.g. GUI stuff), no APPLICATION appeared to me (even from Microsoft themself).
That could be possible because of:
- I looked at the wrong places
- They are currently being developed and soon be available
- There are in fact no commercial real world WinForm .NET applications, because
- It is still to early (really???)
- No one wants to be the first
- There are still serious bugs in the .NET WinForms implementation
- Developers are afraid of loosing customers with new technologies that could still contain errors
- Developers fear to distribute the .NET runtime or want to wait until it is really really really pre-installed on every client PC
I do know that (Microsoft-)Navision develops their software from scratch but this will be available 2-3 years in the future (if not still later) as first beta.
So my question: What's your opinion on this topic?
I hope I'm wrong and there are already such applications, because I would like to do some minor tools with .NET but fear to be the first one to try and fail...
- Free Windows-based CMS: www.zeta-software.de/enu/producer/freeware/download.html
- See me: www.magerquark.de
- MSN Messenger: email@example.com