I've been using tinyMCE with the moxiemanager plugin for years, but their pricing structure now is such that I may as well fork out the $1K or so for Telerik or ComponentOne, or similar (and get the added benefit of their other controls as well.). If there's a free on even better, of course, but I haven't seen any that come with a good file manager. Wondering what recommendations people may have... posting this here because it must integrate with ASP.NET winforms webforms applications.
... a decent server file manager (such as moxiemanager) is essential. Moxie also includes some basic image-editing functions, which is useful. But, of course, ease of use of the HTML editor by users not proficient is HTML is key. One place tinyMCE falls down is with bullet lists, ordered or unordered - it's never been good at handling them, and even their latest incarnation isn't brilliant, so any improvement on that would be a plus. One thing tinyMCE is good at though (now, finally) is handling content pasted in directly from Word, and that is huge plus, users being who they are...
Anyway, be interested to hear of your experience and thoughts.
I have a web application that I am maintaining. I made a change to the vb code, not the aspx page, and when I run the page now I am getting
: inserted at the beginning of the textbox. What can be causing this? I am using IE 11.
I tried re-loading the previous version of this program and it displayed the same behavior. So I restored the latest code and deployed it to the test server and there was no unwanted behavior, i.e. insertion of the . It seems the problem only occurs on my development computer. We are only allowed to run IISExpress locally here. There must be something with the patches that have been applied to developers computers.
I'm working on a login page for an website app and since it's the same layout and format as all our apps, I just copied the html and code pages from another app. Now the fun begins...
I save and close my work for the day. The next day I open the project and in the code page for the login screen are dozens of errors, mostly all the same "LoginUser" not defined (this is the id of the asp:login control in the html). I move the code file to the CodeBehind property and the 'not defined' errors go away....wth!
Save and close the project for the day and when I open it again, guess what! "LoginUser" not defined in the code file again. Move the code file back to the CodeFile property and viola, erros go away.
I had trouble getting a VB project into TFS because I'm a newbie and had the local and source control mappings and bindings misconfigured. On one check-in to TFS, my project ended up being split into several new folders within the parent folder.
I straightened out the mess and tried again only to discover that the bin file somehow got lost so, I copied the bin file from another project to my project and removed anything relevant to the other project.
Now I can't compile my project because of this error:
"The CodeDom provider type "Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.VBCodeProvider, Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" could not be located."
Obviously, I checked the bin file for this entry and it is there.
Internet isn't very helpful as I'm looking for a fix, not a work around.
Check you have the right version of the assembly (22.214.171.124 of (probably) Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.dll). Download a tool called "ILSpy", it lets you look at assemblies to see their versions and what classes etc are in them, it's pretty handy for debugging issues like this. Alas the "fix" is probably going to be to get the right assembly.
so tell me how could i design whole things. suppose i have a registration class what has so many properties like
i have one customer class which has many properties for account and billing information. now i want when i will save customer data by EF then account info will be saved in customer table and billing info will be saved in address table. so tell me how could i do this mapping when i am working with EF db first and code first.
I have an aspx content page that is related to a .master file, which of course has a Form tag. I believe that the Form is getting resubmitted when the user clicks on the "Enable Flash" button in the Flash popup.
This occurs in Google Chrome (and NOT in IE or Firefox).
My question is, how to allow this popup to be clicked, essentially, to bypass the form resubmission?
So this https://cdn.whizz.com/whizz-flash.min.js is being called in another of my aspx pages and works there, but that one doesn't include a .master page, and subsequently no tag. My suspicion is, it's a issue.
Looking at the full script file[^], it seems the popup creates a <button> element within the modal to open a new page with instructions on how to install Flash.
The event handler for the button doesn't prevent the default behaviour. Since the button is inside a form, the default behaviour in some browsers is to submit the form.
You'll need to find some way to identify the button, possibly via an ID or CSS class on an ancestor element. You'll then need to add a delegated event handler[^] for the button's "click" event, and call the preventDefault()[^] method on the event object.