Hi. I have created an ASP.NET MVC 4 application and I published it on a ftp server. When I access the link, it shows me the files that are in the folder, not the index page, so I think something is missing from there. Can anybody tell me if I have to do something else after publishing the project? I just created a project and I uploaded to the server to see if it works.
i am presently working on a web application using php, but i dont know how to limit the number of users connected to the system via a router. Please is there a way to go by this? Any answer would be appreciated.. thank you
Scenario: Windows forms application is the client talking to a WCF service exchanging sensitive data in both directions
1. Transport Security
• SSL using server certificate with Anonymous client authentication - is encryption of message optional?
o What ensures that the message is definitely encrypted?
o Symmetric key is negotiated for message encryption, but what controls the strength of this key 128-bit / 256-bit etc.?
• If an additional layer of custom encryption/decryption logic is implemented along with SSL, specifically for message security, are there any drawbacks?
2. Message Security
• When message security is enabled over HTTP (no SSL) and a server certificate is provided in the configurations, how is the message encrypted/decrypted - with what key and how is the key exchanged?
• When message security is enabled over HTTPS (with SSL certificate) is the encryption/decryption happening twice?
o Is it possible to configure an Anonymous client (no client certificate/authentication) in this scenario?
o Is it possible to configure different certificates for SSL negotiation and for message encryption/decryption?
o What key used for message encryption - same as SSL negotiated key or new key based on the provided certificate?
3. SSL Server Certificate Validation by client
• By default, client validates the certificate during initial handshake - what all information of the certificate, exactly are validated and what are not validated? This validation is done by whom – .NET framework on the client or the OS itself?
o How different is this validation, from X509Certificate2.Verify() method call on the certificate, if done explicitly?
• In client code, if the callback to ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback delegate is registered, does this method get called before or after the automatic validation of server certificate?
hello guys I want to build my own small project and its a webapp . its like an SMS messaging app. that you can send free SMS message to all around the world or in a specific country like for ex. only in Philippines. ? so do you guys know any free framework that can implement this? is it possible? if it its, please help me to give any ideas to build this project and I know only HTML,CSS js,php&mysql can those mentioned languages can implement this kind of project?
Don't know anything about the level of your knowledge of the above-mentioned technologies, but judging by the list itself, you can at lease build an MVP and then see if you need any further help with it.