it happens when i try execute the sample provided in mysql doc about prepared statement, i created the table with columns correspond with the sample. mysql prepared statement
then when i execute it(BTW i used the c# sample), it populate the rows with 1000 entries.
after that i try to insert one entry with out the prepared statement (at this moment the ignore prepare property is set to true), then the executeNonQuery return 1, so it means it inserted the so i checked the database but the value i inserted is not in there, so i try it many time but still no luck.
so i decide to write the insert query directly to workbench, but i got thesame result the data was not there.
so i tried to delete the last row, then the weird things happen. it delete the the last row that has an the id of 1000(btw the id was autoincrement) it also insert 1 new data with the id of 1001, so try to delete to rows but after the two rows was deleted it also insert two more rows with the id of 1002 and 1003.
then after that i tried to insert new data but is still keep telling me that 1 row is inserted but i cant see that on the table so, i tried to delete rows still bu t it still doing the same.
BTW as u can see on the documentation the second column is a number, then when i delete the data it also insert now row with the incremented value of it.
so i decide to truncate the table and insert few row and then delete some of it, at this point it was working as expected, then i decide to execute the prepared statement(ignore prepare set to false) then after that it do the same weird things.
i dont know what on this, could somebody explain to me.
i will appreciate for any enlightenment will come.
actually I am using workbench and sqlyog for browsing the database.
executing insert or delete, ExecuteNonQuery return the expected number of rows to be affected on the console, but when i look on the database the affected rows is not there. even i will execute directly it to workbench or sqlyog i got the same behavior.
COD surname name CODCAU from from_time to to_time period
1 ROSSI MARCO 301 19/09/2005 0.00 23/09/2005 0.00 p1
1 ROSSI MARCO 301 09/12/2005 0.00 09/12/2005 0.00 p2
1 BIANCHI FABIO 301 12/01/2004 0.00 16/01/2004 0.00 p1
1 BIANCHI FABIO 301 02/04/2004 0.00 02/04/2004 0.00 p2
1 BIANCHI FABIO 301 02/05/2004 0.00 10/05/2004 0.00 p3
then to pivot:
--concatenate to create a period on unique column...SELECT surname,name,COD,from+' '+from_time+' '+to+' '+to_time asdate,period
) as s
--pivot aggregate by the columns different by 'date/period' -> (surname,name,COD)
FOR period IN ([p1],[p2],[p3])
Failed to build the OLAP cubes. Error: Failed to process the Analysis Services database DevelopmentOLAP on the SPSQLCLSTR server. Error: OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00; A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server . ; 08001.
Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Project Reporting data source', Name of 'Project Reporting data source'.
Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'DevelopmentOLAP', Name of 'Timesheet Line Status' was being processed.
Server: The operation has been cancelled.
The User/Account has dbo access. It creates the database but then doesn't seem to be able to do anything after that?
To err is human to really mess up you need a computer
As title says, I would like to know how to return the primary key(the column is always called id) when I perform an insert statement and the database complains about an unique constraint being violated. All my insert statements are in stored procedures. Would like that same stored procedure to return the value of that primary key column of the row that is being violated.
I find that a cleaner solution than responding to an exception in my application by searching the table for the unique values. This would be ok if it were one or a few tables, but not when you got many.
PS: using MSSQL 2012
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 26-May-22 13:31