My goal is to use my workstation for the following:
1. To test enhancements that I make to a C# web form 2010 application using cassini as my web server.
2. I also want to deploy this web application to my workstation and run it under iis7.
Thus I want to use cassini as the web server to develop the code and deploy the application to my workstation and run it under iis as the web server. I want to keep these functions separate.
Thus can you tell me how to setup iis on my workstation as a separate server than I can use?
It will use cassini by default. Then you can also copy the code to another folder or do a deployment project and have IIS point to it. It is easy to do this so I guess I am confused as to what part specifically you are stuck on.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Here is what I am having trouble with:
1. according to the link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(VS.100).aspx, "if you install the .NET Framework 4 before you enable IIS, you must run the ASP.NET IIS Registration tool in order to register the .NET Framework with IIS and create application pools that use the .NET Framework 4."
This is a true statement for me.
I want to run the option 'aspnet_regiis i' in the following directory path: %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319.
However the following applies:This option creates two application pools, ASP.NET v4.0 and ASP.NET v4.0 Classic. The DefaultAppPool application pool and the Classic .NET AppPool application pools are set to the .NET Framework 4 version of the CLR.
I already have the 'DefaultAppPool application pool and the Classic .NET AppPool application pools' created somehow. Should I delete what I have already and/or do these application pools somehowc onnect to cassini that I need to be aware of?
2. On the url linK http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964620.aspx, I want to follow the directions in the following section: Installing IIS and ASP.NET on Windows Vista.
However these directions say to use the default web site. However on the production server at my small company, the default web site is removed and a new one is created. If I use a new website that I create,
will this hurt how the default cassini web server is used?
3. When I create a setup and deployment package of the code that I want to deploy on my workstation, what properties do I set so the deployment package knows how to locate the iis web server?
My goal is to make enhancements to a C# web form 2010 application and test the code with the default cassini web server that comes as a the default server to visual studio 2010 professional. I also want to deploy this web application to my workstation and run it under iis7 that is comptabile with iis6.
To be able to use cassini and iis7 on my workstation, I want to ask about the following configuration setings:
1. When the code is placed into production right now the network administrator removes the "Default web site", "DefaultAppPool","classic .NET AppPool". However I do not think I should remove these items so I can use the default cassini that comes with visual studio. Is this correct or not? Can you give me an explaination for your reason?
2. Since the production environment creates its own website and application pools, can you tell me if I should do the same thing? If so, can you tell me or point me to references on how to setup the web sites and application pools? If not, can you tell me how I can use the default settings that come with visual studio to use both cassini and iis to test with?
i am creating an application, in which i am providing user to download a file only if he is login. if he is logined in then he will be redirect to login page first once login again he will be back to that download page. this is done. but the problem is when i directly going to login page then it doesn't work it goes to null reference please help me to solve this problem. tnx in advance
i am storing page url in a session as it was previously visited and then send to that page, when it is reffer from that download page it works perfectly but when it is going directly to the login page it gives error of null ref to that session
You have to capture the previous url, and write it to a temp location before on or before Page.Load. You may want to consider url encoding the url before storage, and url decoding before sending them back to where they came from.
Make sure you capture the complete url including querystrings.
So write the capture, and make a textbox to store it in, then check the value. Then write the redirect, and the url in the browser url bar for accuracy.
Hi, As i think you are using query string to redirect to the login page when user is not login. By doing so you are using Response.QueryString() in your login.aspx.vb or .c# page which results null reference error when opening directly. So checking of querystring exist or not is must here.
If Not IsNothing(Request.QueryString("id").ToString) Then
Dim id As String = Request.QueryString("Id")
I know that this is not to ask about twitter but I think this forum is more technological than many others so let me ask How can I download tweets of users in twitter using their user ID! I found the url "http://api.twitter.com/1/followers/ids.json?screen_name=username[^]
which will retrieve the user ID of followers of the uer which will be mentioned in this url but I dont kjnow how to download the tweets of these users, using their UserID. I would really appreciate any help
I have an app and it retrieves images from database (image column) and shows the user in a spesific format. However, I use a generic handler(.ashx file) to show the images, it does not show more than 1 image. It only shows 1 image the other images appear like they don't exist. My code is like below;
In aspx page: It prints
In ashx page: I get the byte of the images and I write context.Response.BinaryWrite(buffer);
Why is common sense not common?
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level where they are an expert.
Sometimes it takes a lot of work to be lazy
Please stand in front of my pistol, smile and wait for the flash - JSOP 2012