i made a simple menu using tables and labels on a top of a master page
i could use a help please by telling me how to use an UPDATE PANEL to update only part of the page (contentplaceholder).
this is the situation now:
in the Master page, i have the menu(Linkbuttons.. lots of them) and a contentplaceholder. i need the contentplaceholder to be updated partially without the menu of the masterpage each time i click on any of the labels. WHY? because each time someone clicks on the menu, the item gets marked up in red, i want the path of the item to be saved and therefore not to be refreshed.
I tried to read about update panels but none of it helped me. i might be missing something, i would be more than please if someone would explain the steps of using the update panel in THIS situation please.
Sir; What you are trying top do can not be estblished by Master page/Content page or an update panel. All you need is a frameset consists of to frams _master(to hold the menu) and _content(repesents the page you want to navigate to).
Now, every item in the menu should contain a link to the desired page. just like the code below:
<ahref="url to the page"target="_content">Some Text</a>
I have a Dynaically created a Textbox and i have a Dynamically created DIV. So what i want to do is to Find the Position of the Textbox and and Dynamically when this textbox is created , please a Div just next to this textbox. So my plan was to find the position of the textbox and next to it using the position of the textbox and calculate the position of a Div.
Spoted in Daniweb-- Sorry to rant. I hate websites. They are just wierd. They don't behave like normal code.
I have a big .net web application hosted on the server, it was working fine until I tried to share the solution folder by giving permissions to a user.
In the process I might have messed up permissions
After this, the whole solution stopped working, then I gave 'Everyone' the access permissions to the project folder, then the project started working but one folder has some aspx files, and when I click on the link that opens them, It gives me the
Could not load the assembly'xxx'. Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page
I tried everything from replacing old compiled version of this folder.
And before you ask, this folder does not have its own web.config file.
I have checked all the permissions and re-assigned them, I have also check the IIS (5) to have the v2 asp.net framework, I have tried the aspnet_regiis -i command to re-install asp.net , I also created a new application pool for this project
But in Vain
I can't get the problem
Please help me
I copied the whole solution to another location, created a new virtual directory and it worked
But the permissions on the folder are still screwed
I cannot rename the folder now, the reason is, I created a new folder called project_bkup now after it works I want to rename it to project, but its not allowing me
I cannot get to the botton of this
_____________________________________________________ Yea! I could be wrong...
I am new to this resource group. I am having a doubt regarding how to create templates which can be used in all asp.net pages. This template has the common features to be displayed in all the asp.net pages which i am to create. How to create and call that template in all the asp.net pages. I am to use asp.net 2.0 with c#.
we have a production site like www.Domain1.com, and developing a new web application www.domain2.com, and would like to implement single sign on.
I am looking for solution pretty much like how google works like login to gmail, in gmail navigate to other google apps or we can open new window and we can use picasa or other google apps with out login.
I have found an interesting solution, where we will be developing a dedicated Authentication site like www.sso.com.
I am working with a C#.asp.net 2010 web forms application that I need to modify. Since I am new to asp.net (i Have other C#.net expereince), i have the following questions:
1. In this application all the web pages at the start looking basically alike except for one where you can select 'menu' items from. The one web page where you can select mwenu items from, must being overriden with ajax and/or a content area? can you tell me to look for to determine how any area of the master page is being overwritten?
2. When I look at the source code behind a webforms designer (look at the HTML), I only see the code for content place holder #4. This is the actually processing for the web page. This does not show the html (code) for the master page. (THe master page is gray and the application will not let me click on the master page section.) Thus can you tell me: 1. What can I do to see the master page code? 2. Do I need to learn something about how the master page is 'wired in'? Can you explain this to me and/or point me to a url I can use as a reference?
What application are you using view/edit the files? You can use Visual Studio, even the free We Developer edition. Master pages have the extension .master and can be opened and viewed as any other file in Visual Studio, or even Notepad
I am using post build event in my child project to copy .dll to the parent bin directory.
Parent project has reference to child project. In child project I am using post build event to copy dll into parent bin.
xcopy "$(ProjectDir)*.*" "$(SolutionDir)..\bin\" /i /d /y
I have a C#.asp.net 2010 webforms application that I need to modify. I have C# desktop experience, but I do not have C#.asp.net 2010. *Note I have read of asp.net books to update my skills. I have a master page that has root-> root-> root-> root-> root-> at the bottom of that page. I know that is the master page since the area is gray and i can not click on the 'root' items. I know the 'root' items are probably changed in the update_panel of ajax since there is a script manager also used. However, I to not know how the 'root' items are changed?
However I still have a few questions:
1. How can I find what code applies to each one of the 5 roots? I look at the source code (HTML), but I can not tell what applies. I know the 5 'roots' are like 5 tabs in a desktop applicatiom. What I see is what thec webpage is setup for. I believe this content place holder 4.
2. What I am looking for is probably content placeholder 2 or content placeholder3. Can you tell me how to tie the designer/code with each of the conent placeholders?
3. Is there a way I can step through this code to see how the controls are all wired together? At least step through code to the point right before the html is rendered by the browser?
3. It depends what the control is. If it is not a custom control then you can only step through it so far. You can review it with tools such as Reflector.
2. By code I'll assume you mean markup. The masterpage will contain content placeholder controls with IDs. These IDs will correspond to the ContentPlaceHolderID attribute Content controls on the implementation page.
1. Look at the masterpage and see what control is being used and how it is configured
I am new to asp.net and sql server 2005. I am working on a multi level marketing website in asp.net. In this i had made a binary tree in sql server table. Now I have to write a query to access the record of particular node including its left and right child. Please help me out.....
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 19:00 Last Update: 28-Nov-21 11:49