Hi and thanx very much for this info. I wil test this in time.
I was not avare of that Clarion could be set as the debugging EXE in VS. This was very interresting!!
Clarion for DOS was the first Clarion edition so yes, its the same It has been a little moderized in time, but the language is still the same. I have worked with Clarion since the first release. They are working on a .net edition these days. I have tested it. Works pretty well, but is still in beta. It depends on how long ago since you worked with Clarion. When they moved from DOS edition 2.x to 3.x they allso changed the compiler because Topspeed was incorporated into the company. Since then they have used the Topspeed compiler to compile theyr binaries, and still are.. Pretty amazing product. Today they use #Develop as the IDE and in time they wil incorporate theyr .NET edition into the Win32 edition.
Well, that was the history lesson for today
Anyway - thanx for your effort...
I know you ment the Clarion compiled EXE
Ole Morten Heien
HD Software / Advisor AS
I'm building a "usercontrol" that has a contextmenustrip on it.
All is fine until I try to add an image to an item, it compliles ok but get a runtime error!
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
Additional information: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "HexBox.HexEditBox.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "HexEditBox" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.
I can only assume that it can not find the resource!
I checked the .resx file and the resource (image) is there.
Maybe it needs the be somewhere else, or a different process is require to use the contextmenustrip on a user control.
I tried the same process on a "form" and as expected all compiles and run as it should.
Using VS2008 Framework 3.5
Any help is appreciated.
Is there any function to create an XML file from Managed C++/CLI code(like System::IO::File::Create(L"Test.ini"); for plain files). I've to create an XML file from Managed C++/CLI code and write the following contents in it.
The XML is stored in a DOM (Document Object Model). Note the Binary Order Mark supression - the UTF8 Encoding set to false. IF you leave this out then a couple of non printable characters appear in position 1:1. It upsets soapclient no end!
Thanks John also about the point which you indicated. Hovewer this time application's all windows are maximised which is actually not much preferable. I guess you already have a better idea to fix
the problem. Let me know please.
It's allright Screen::GetBounds(this->ClientRectangle)
Suprisingly it didn't work well. The width of the forms just became a little smaller.That's all.
The application still has a screen size or resolution problem. I am really confused.
System::String ^ St = gcnew System::String("Hey ho!");
St = str; //This line won't work, but it's what I'd like to achieve
The only way I can make it work is by doing gcnew again St = gcnew System::String(str.c_str()); but I'm guessing this is not the right way. All the examples I have found tell how to do this when creating a new instance of System::String but none how to do it with an existing one.