I have a website which has a horizontal navigation bar which goes about 970px across and is simply six images acting as links within a container div. However, in the sections they link to I'd like to have a drop-down menu (similar to this website actually) which displays links to the sub-sections.
I'm guessing I'll have to change the design of the navigation bar by putting the images inside a div and style the layout side by side some how? Or use a table? Any links to examples would also be appreciated.
I just built a .NET program that generates a xml rss webpage. I’d love to be able to update this webpage programmatically via .NET ie login to my godaddy account and update a webpage; all within .NET
Since Im new to webhosting I wanted to know if its even possiable, and if it is I need some advice on the best way to go about doing this.
Not sure about .NET, but I know it can be done in PHP. You just have to think about your output as generating a php script instead of generating just HTML. When a browser calls the page it is ran through the php engine.
I occasionally get a forwarded email from an AOL user in which the forwarded msg is a .eml attachment. When this occurs, the body of the msg displays the HTML code instead of just the content (in my Yahoo Mail interface). If I click the attachment and open it with Windows Mail, any images are replaced by this tag: <=p>
Never saw this tag before, and I see nothing about it on the www. Anyone have an idea what's going on?
Seeing it in it's natural habitat, as it were, seems to confirm that it is a typo.
And they repeat all the way down the page with about enough space in between to accomodate the images, had they displayed. I'm in agreement with you. Someone didn't debug his code, and now he's sharing his mistake with the masses.
eml files, they are most commonly associated with Microsoft Outlook Express, although other email software should be able to read them. However, change the file type from eml to mht and Microsoft Internet Explorer should be able to display them. When you do that, inspect the source code.
MsoNormal, if you create a web page with Microsoft Word and inspect the source code you will see an awfully lot of these. So if the e-mail message was constructed in HTML format by Microsoft Outlook using the Microsoft Word editing facility (or similar) then when you inspect the source you will see plenty of such like Microsoft styling code.
So is this <=p> tag valid, well, no, but this may be how some e-mail software may render as they may not be fully able to read eml file type as well as not being able to understand the MsoNormal styling.
MsoNormal, if you create a web page with Microsoft Word and inspect the source code you will see an awfully lot of these.
She (the sender) uses WinXP and Outlook Express. She works as an editor for a couple of news websites and practically lives inside MS Word so she may be using the Word email utility. I did see class=msoNormal inside the HTML. I'll ask her. Years ago when I was first getting into the www, I thought it a grand idea to use MS Word to code HTML (WYSIWYG and all that). The HTML was awful. IE could usualy display the page, but Netscape basically had a nervous breakdown. So this could be at the root of it.
It may also be miscommunication between AOL (her) and Yahoo Mail (me), or a glitch within AOL. I spent a half-hour on the phone at Yahoo while a techie dug around in my email and looked at the screen capture[^] I posted online. He couldn't find anything wrong on my end.
Anyway, it's not a huge problem, just one I'd like to understand. Thanks for the info.
Almost. The header tags are important and some e-mail programs strip out some of those header tags causing certain issues. As MsoNormal is a MS Office functionality, and as e-mail programs do not apparently like to process external CSS then if the e-mail is not rendered with MS Outlook or Outlook Express, then some strange things can happen. Strange things can also happen between different versions of MS Outlook and Outlook Express.
You should suggest to her (the sender) to go get a standalone mass e-mailing package that can process HTML as well as Plain Text, they are not usually that expensive to acquire.
I am creating a webpage on my website that has tables for showing the superfamily, families and subfamilies of moths and butterflies and on web editor, it looks like this:
Now this page loads fine on Google Chrome, but on IE9 (32 or 64-bit) it doesn't render properly and I am getting this (the text below the image seems to appear in the wrong place a lot): http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9065/ie9page.png and http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2248/ie9page2.png
What I want to do is have a sort of tree diagram table for each superfamily. You have the superfamily, its the first image on the first table, then there is a second table below that that has the families within that superfamily in it with 4 per row and if I have pages reguarding species of moth or butterfly in that superfamily or family, I show an image and below it I have "Number of species" and this is in a cell on the row below the image.
Here is the code for one of the tables, I copied the code onto a new HTML file and tried it to see if any other code was messing up the table but it still messed up. I know IE9 is still in its unfinished state and I havn't tested the code in older IE7 or 8 browsers yet.