1) If the file is exposed it will be available to anyone with enough time and interest in retrieving it
2) Possible, but how you give out password?
3) Impractical. I want to read the pdf now, not later in an email which can be delayed or blocked by spam filters. If the user is traveling and and doesn't have access to email how would they read the file? Wait until later?
Amandeep Singh Bhullar wrote:
the ways that we use in .net for security.
You may use these methods, but I certainly wouldn't, with the exception of #2.
1. When a download is pushed from the server the file complete path is never exposed. It is from the page that is being opened, but a threat level is always there.
2. He has not defined that the PDF will be generated by System or manually. If manual, then it can be password protected, before being uploaded to server.
3. How much time it takes to send a mail. Hardly a minute or two or five. For security it does not matter. Regarding spam, the address can be added in Contact List. Last, if the User is traveling, and can access the website, but not mail, how is this possible(IF there are firewalls, or proxy's).
There is also a fourth option in .net,i.e., if you have used the rapidshare.com, it does not start the download even if you typed the complete path of file in address bar. I can implement that in .net, but have no idea of php.
Securing a file little is always better than leaving it in open. Atleast the person who is interested, will have to do the extra workout.
I am using a drop down list in asp.net 2.0
What i want to do is, user will not select the states but user can select the cities in that, means, according to that country, cities will be listed in same drop down list.
I believe , you are using database for that. so in a Dropdown list just read all the States name , when user select state name from dropdown, just create simple query which will retrieve the city name based on states and bind them in a dropdown list.
following Exception occurs on using grid.rendercontrol(hw)
Control of type 'DataGridLinkButton' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.
i am working on a web application built in asp.net and vb.net framework 1.1
i need to export a grid to excel using a button click.code for button click is given below
the code snippet works fine for one web page but causes exception on the other.
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel"
Response.Charset = ""
Dim tw As New System.IO.StringWriter
Dim hw As New System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter(tw)
Grid.RenderControl(hw)-- exception caused here
Not able to find where is the problem....Please help
I can't get my unit test to work. Here is the error I'm getting (I'm using NUnit)
System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error message:
<h2>Object moved to <a href="%2fWebServices%2fMyService.asmx%3fAspxAutoDetectCookieSupport%3d1">here</a>.</h2></body></html>
What could be wrong? Here is an idea of how my current environment:
- I created a web application in the localhost IIS (a virtual directory)
- under this web app, there is a \WebServices folder containing MyWebService.asmx
- In a different solution (also a different directory), I created a Class Library project with a Web Reference to MyWebService.asmx
- I tried testing a simple Hello World method (code below) and I'm getting the above error.
Yes my web services are running... I just found out that it's not really a unit test issue but a general web-referencing issue. What I mean is, if I open the web service through my internet browser and invoke the methods, the methods will execute. However, if I create a simple .net project and add a web reference, I get the error stated above.
I’ll go straight to the point.
This website is running a crystal report and displaying the results. It works fine on my local machine. When I publish the site and deploy to the server I get the following message:
"Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
What needs to be done to prevent this error?
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 25-May-22 12:49