Host do not provide any interface to connect to database as these are external tools.
You can connect to database using the same tool that you use to connect to your local database.
For Eg: If you are using MS SQL server 2005 as Database, you will use SQL Server Management Studio to connect to remote Server.
Difference is that
ServerName: <IP Address of Database Server that you Used in Web.config> Authentication: SQL server Authentication Login: <ID Provided by your host or one you created> Password: <Same as you created or Provided by host>
I used to connect to database of my website using the above method.
I have basic HTML experince and would like to make a webpage with a search engine with a more detailed search result.
I have made a search engine for my private website with Fluid Dynamics Search Engine v2.0.0.0073. The problem is when I search for something it brings up the results like Googl... (the word I searched for is a link with a short description below)
What I would like is the following
- I search for something like a serial number
- If it finds the serial number it brings up a result display in a "matrix" view with other details assocoiated with the item.
It would probably be easier to write your own server-side search script than use a 3rd party tool. Codeproject is more oriented towards C# or VB script though. To make the query, you need a knowledge of SQL, and any database software will do such as ms sql server, mysql, or postgresql.
I am developing one web application which needs to supports multi lamguages like english,hinsi,punjab and gujarati. I am displaying the Labels from ApplicationResource.preoperties(english,hindi..etc) for all languages. But the problem is whenever i am trying to save&edit the values from DB, its displaying wrong charecters in jsp page.plz help me regarding the same..
Also consider if you can afford Visual Studio (although there is the express edition). Costs nothing to set up an 'open source' development environment, but can be a bit of a pain in the arse if you don't know what you're doing...
I have built a C# web service which uses a managed c++ dll. The managed c++ dll uses a native c++ dll. When I test the service on the webdev.webserver it works correctly. But when the service is deployed on IIS, I get an error while invoking the web method. The error message is "System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception."
I get this error in the managed code. I searched on the net and one suggestion was to put the native dll being used by the managed dll in the bin folder of the web service. I did this also. But I got the same error.
I have spent nearly 2 days on this.
Any hints/ pointers as to why this error occurs? I am sure this has got to do something with IIS configuration, but I am not able to figure out what.
Does anybody know of a good, affordable company, artist, or website where I could turn to to get some custom art for my website done? I've done some Google searching, but haven't really been able to find any concrete examples. The images I have in mind are rather cartoony, and am looking to have someone do up, I'm guessing right now, about 5 or 6 images. I just have no artistic talent myself.
Kyosa Jamie Nordmeyer - Taekwondo Yi (2nd) Dan
Portland, Oregon, USA
It really depends on why you're adding the meta tag in the first place! Google does not put much stock in most meta tags to begin with, so it shouldn't make much difference... unless the sole reason you're adding the tag is for SEO, in which case generating it in a client script is just silly. Keep in mind, most browsers will ignore runtime-generated meta tags anyway, so you may not be accomplishing anything at all...
These facts that you've laid out totally contradict the wild ramblings that I pulled off the back of cornflakes packets.
We have a website created using some templates in ASP.NET 1.1. and pages are manages using Kentico.
Earlier we have some url's having space(' ') in them we changed those space by underscore ('_') in those pages.
Lets suppose initially it was "www.xyz.com/abs pqr.aspx" and we changed it to "www.xyz.com/abs_pqr.aspx".
Now the problem is that it is showing same page on both the url's (with space and underscore), even search results on google shows url with old paths i.e. with Space between 2 words.
So on clicking on them correct page is opening but with wrong url. Ideally it should have to show that Page not found error. So now we have same page opening for 2 url's as follows in which second one doesn't exists.