I am working with Visual C++ 6.0
I know how to spawn an external program from my c++ app.
What I am trying to figure out how to do is this:
1. MyApp calls testprog.exe
2. testprog.exe does it's thing while MyApp waits
3. when testprog.exe is FINISHED, it will return a value
4. MyApp should then do something useful based on that value
So, in a nutshell, my program needs to call an external program (which I can do), wait for it to finish, and then do something useful with the value returned by the spawned program. I am having trouble figuring out exactly HOW I can get the spwaned program's ACTUAL return value (not the value returned because the program was started successfully.
Trying to clarify more:
1. Start MyApp
2. MyApp calls TestProg
3. TestProg is finished
4. Return value from TestProg is (DWORD)0xe0018d06
5. *PROBLEM HERE* MyApp needs to retrieve (DWORD)0xe0018d06 that was returned by TestProg, then resume execution and perform actions based on whether TestProg returned (DWORD)0xe0018d06 or 0x00000000
Any help would be IMMENSELY appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
I am using following code to send message to remote machine through sockets, I am calling mentioned code when a button of MFC dialog based app is clicked and it is working fine. But I don't know how to receive messages from remote machine through sockets.
Can anyone please guide me how to receive messages in dialog based application through socket?
I am Comparing two strings.....when both are in English...Its Comparing Fine..
But if One string is in Japenese...Its giving runtime error..
I am Comparing ("INBOX",bstrFolder)......
when bstrFolder is in English Letter i.e INBOX....It Compares Fine..
But when it is in Japenese Letter its not Comparing..
I hope you got me...
I am Mnaju.I have Completed my B.E Computers Science.Lokking for a job.I am interested in VC++