Thank you Dave for cleaning up my XML code, I really screwed up the format.
I definitely do not want to use XML as a database, but I do have an output file that I have to make human (rather: Management ) readable for reports.
Thanks Bernhard, I will have to look into the xsd stuff.
Thanks Richard, your "Descendant" method. It works great, BUT only if I cut the file between <drives> part. (The Structur is bigger).
That is not a big issue, but is there something like "get everything from <file> and <drive> " ???
(How does "GetFullPath" know where to stop?)
There are some scripting languages available which can be used both on Linux and Windows, e.g. PERL. But do you really want to learn a new programming language just for that task, including all the WTFs of scripting languages?
I'd suggest to use a Windows Service which connects to your database to retrive the information and then sends the emails. Alternatively, a "normal" Windows console application is started as a "scheduled task" and does that job.
WIndows Services is fine but not when the user is away or traveling and don't have access to his PC which means the windows services will not run because his PC is switched off because the server side could be linux not windows!
it just check the mode you passed as a parameter is equal to 'c'. If it is equal to 'c' then create an empty file for output operations ("w"). else open a file for update ("r+") (both for input and output).
In advance, please excuse my lack of knowledge regarding the following topic, I have tried to familiarise myself with the topic using both google and the search function.
A friend of mine asked whether I could get data from a specific website for him, I answered "yes, I can try". I feel like I am pretty close and only need a final push. So let's go:
www.regelleistung.net -> this is the website in question
Menu item : Data for Control Reserve - in the following form he would normally specify what kind of data he is interested in and would then click the submit button .
Someone gave me the TAMPER information for the post request and I came up with the following code:
1. The request requires a jsession cookie which I retrieve + from TAMPER I saw that I require several other items of interest : __fp , _sourcePage and CSRFToken.
Because I do not know how to get those information without making an actual request - I just perform a testrequest and populate an array, which I will use for the actual request