If you're getting that error when compiling for .NET 4.0 too, it would explain things. A .NET 2.0 control is going to be based on WinForms, whereas a .NET 4.0 project is probably using WPF and won't load the WinForms libraries (System.Drawing among them) unless you specifically add them.
Well, I haven't done any PDF417 processing in about twenty years, but if you've already found libraries to convert the Latin (English) alphabet, then why not just convert? Just build a quick mapping table to translate each Arabic character to a Latin character... There are more than 26, but they don't seem to use upper or lower-case, so you've got 52 items to map to.
Well, after some quick googling, it seems PDF417 was never updated to support Unicode (Even the much newer QR codes don't do it), so it only does single-byte characters. As there doesn't seem to be a widespread standard for encoding them, you might be out of luck there.
Looks like most people are using Base64 encoding to get Unicode data in there, though, so if anything later becomes standard, that'll probably be it.
I'm trying to update a portion of a byte array with modified data and for some reason it's always unchanged. Any input would be appreciated.
Right now, I have a temporary array that I'm trying to do an array copy for part of the array to update the data. This isn't working. Before that, I didn't have a temporary array and was doing basically the same thing with the destination array. The data locations I'm writing to are 0 after the update, but I am seeing the correct data in my tempStrings and convertStringToBytes method.
The above code works, so the basic logic of what you have is OK, just an implementation problem.
I'd suggest a different methodology. It looks like you are trying to implement Byte.TryParse method, you may want to look at it. If you need more information than a plain boolean, implementing your own is easy:
It is working. Given what you have said, the problem could well be in the catch. You need to step through your code to determine what is happening exactly, unless someone here come up with a full solution.
Ok. I figured it out. I was constructing one of my strings wrong and wound up with one that was 282, so it was throwing an exception when it tried to convert to byte and never got to copying the temp array to my final Dat array.
I was being a bit (OK, very) toungue-in-cheek. 99.99% of the time I really wouldn't do this. In this case he exception is very unimportant, for various reasons I'd have to write my own logging infrastructure (which would take longer than the rest of the change, and my code is slated for replacement by an MVC app very soon) and I can't handle in code as the try-block is calling out to an asmx service and I'm guarding against technical errors. I could, I suppose tighten which errors are being caught.
Please read the top message on this board ("How to ask a question") otherwise people will down-vote your question. Asking for code like this is unlikely to get a response as we are pretty much all volunteers here. Everyone will assume you have tried nothing even if, in reality, you have spent hours figuring it out - we can't tell. Stitching photos isn't a facile task, and unlikely to be answered in a forum post.
It is better to ask a specific question, outlining what you have tried to achieve, or, what the exact problem is you are having getting started. Oh and a title of "hello isn't very descriptive"