Im populating the CCombox on OnInitDialog.
How to put color on each item text so when the user click the combobox, it will list the items in color (i.e. half of the list is red and half of the list is blue)
I have been programming windows using C++ since a year, but havent done any UI programming. Now I need to get into UI development, I would like to know of any introductory articles in this area. I have not used MFC before, and would like to stay away from it if possible. Can people suggest any URLs on UI development using C++ that can get me started?
Why don't you try working on SDK.
This is a slow process for developing an application , on the other hand if you use MFC you can speed up application development. You can read the code from this site for developing SDK applications
Vision is Always important and so is your ATTITUDE.
If you right click the CD/DVD-ROM, it will show a menu, and one of its menuitem is "eject". As everyone know that all menuitem have an ID, but after tracing the code, I found that the ID of "eject" can be 31014(normal),
30757(folder view), 47(tree view while using folder mode), 31078(short cut),
102(quick launch view), 38(tree view in the application of winrar), 39(create toolbar on taskbar). And i don't if this menuitem ID have other value. Could somebody help me? How to compute the ID or how many ID are there leave for this menuitem of "eject"??
I want to control the flow of eject action! when user click eject, it will get into my code, then i can control it.So i must modify the menuitem, there are two flag can be used, MF_POSITION and MF_COMMAND, it seems that is impossible to get the position of eject, so i choose MF_COMMAND, but i have to get the ID.
It seems to be impossible. How I told you before: every application can use its own ID for the eject command. The usage of a command is hard encoded in its program-code. Therefore its no way to find out which command executes the eject function.
The other post told you about the WM_DEVICECHANGE message - but this is only a notification message broadcasting to all toplevel windows. This message informs all windows that a device has been changed (see Windows-SDK for help).
I've just tested the WM_DEVICECHANGE: the message is called after the media has been removed.
#include <DBT.H><br />
void CFrame::WmDeviceChange(WPARAM w,LPARAM l)<br />
case DBT_CONFIGCHANGECANCELED:<br />
case DBT_CONFIGCHANGED:<br />
case DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL:<br />
case DBT_DEVICEQUERYREMOVE:<br />
case DBT_DEVICEQUERYREMOVEFAILED:<br />
case DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE:<br />
// here is the debug trap after the media has been removed<br />// no other event came up before or after eject the media<br />break;<br />
case DBT_DEVICEREMOVEPENDING:<br />
case DBT_DEVICETYPESPECIFIC:<br />
case DBT_USERDEFINED:<br />
TRACE("WmDeviceChange: 0x%04X\r\n",w);<br />
Thanks for all of your help!
My code is using shell programming! So all code are handled in this function:
HRESULT CXXXXXXXXX::QueryContextMenu ( HMENU hmenu, UINT uMenuIndex,
UINT uidFirstCmd, UINT uidLastCmd,
UINT uFlags )
I don't know how to associate the upper code with the message WM_DEVICECHANGE, could you help?
I created an MS Windows application working with virtual COM-ports and an MSI-installer for it.
My problem is that you have to install the virtual port (com0com sourceforge-project) by hand using the System->Hardware->"Add new hardware" function. I'd like to find a way to add the "hardware" to the system with my installer with as few user-interaction as possible.
I tried "DPInst" from the MS DFIx framework for installing drivers, but failed. DPInst installed the driver to the system in a PnP-way, making it wait for the hardware to be plugged in (which apparently will never happen
If you install the driver by hand, it works instantly...
P.S. I'd be happy if someone had some information or sample code on how to use the SetupAPI (SetupDIxxx functions) to install NEW HARDWARE. Maybe that would solve my problem. Looking at the docs it seems like you can only install/update drivers with it...
I get link error LNK1209 no matter how many times i retry. The .pdb file is there and updated. I've even tried replacing the LINK.EXE, DUMPBIN.EXE, EDITBIN.EXE and LIB.EXE files in the VC98 bin folder (I'm using Visual Studio 6).