I am working on web development i am using VS 3.5 when i was doing code then suddenly sever explorer disappear then i open view menu and click on server explorer to view it again no server explorer didn't appear i restart IDE and also system abut still its still not solved i am avoiding to install IDE complete if any suggestion you have then kindly tell me.
I have a functionality in my code which uses crystal report object to create an excel report directly on the click of a button.
Firstly the aspx page runs which uses the crystal report object. Later this page closes and the Excel sheet opens.
But I have a problem here. On some machines the aspx page closes automatically. But on some other machines the aspx page remains until it is closed manually!!!
Can anybody please suggest me on what can be checked or done here??
Sorry if this is a dumb question; I seem to remember running into this problem some time ago, and I can't remember what the answer was :
I am working on an old ASP.NET 2.0 website that uses C# codebehind files.
I have tried to make some very basic code changes (i.e. fixing a typo in a programmatic error message) on my local copy of the webapp, but my changes are not being recompiled into the DLL.
After making the change in the .cs page, I click Build>>Build Page for both the .aspx and .cs pages. Still, the changes do not appear when I run the site on the test/local server.
The .cs pages uses "Codebehind="productdetail.aspx.cs"", which VWD reminds me is "no longer supported". Will the DLL recompile ignore my changes unless I rename Codebehind to Src? Edit: I have done that, still no recognition.
I used to use inline code for ASP.NET pages, and recompiles never seemed to be a problem. Seperate code pages, however, are presenting these problems.
I have tried (re)building the website on my local machine with both debug="true" and debug="false". In either case, the minor message-text change I've made to the .cs codebehind file is not being recognized.
I've just noticed that there is an "obj" folder in the root containing Debug and Release folders - the Release folder has a bunch of .resources files and a "MyWebsite.csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt" file. I'm used to making stupid/simple changes to .aspx files with inline code... I need to read up on this method of deploying, as I have no idea what is going on here.
Edit: Aha, here are the MySite.csproj, MySite.publish, and MySite.sln files, as well as "User Options" files for the .sln and .proj files.
I've got this web site written in ASP .NET using AJAX components I'm hosting using IIS. The web site is accessing a database implemented with SQL Server 2000 SP4.
I ran it so far on one Windows 2003 Server station, and it ran perfectly. However, I installed it today on a different station and when I tried loading the site I got the above error message (which from what I understand from my searches so far is a pretty popular one).
Assuming my code works, since it runs fairly well on a certain station, I assume the problem is with the configuration or the lack of a certain component in the enviroment. Or maybe it IS with my code.. dunno..
The error means your code is poorly written. It's assuming a string is a date time, using Convert.ToDateTime or DateTime.Parse instead of DateTime.TryParse.
The actual issue could be the region setting of the server. It could even be that you're storing dates as strings in the DB, and the DB has them stored in one format and now the machine is trying to parse them in the other ( MM/DD or DD/MM )
Driven to the arms of OSX by Vista.
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 22-Sep-23 5:41