Download Source Files (MSI)- 175 KbDownload Source Files (FLAT)- 29 Kb
This whole project came about after writing numerous
derived classes. I was tired
of tracking down a
derived class that I could use as a base. Then from that derived class copy
and pasting code segments from it to my newly derived
class implementation. I
decided that instead of doing this repeatitive process every time I needed it, I would let an
ATL Object Wizard do it for me with just a few clicks and key presses. I hope it eases your development
and allows you to be more productive.
- Extract the MSI (Microsoft Installer) file from the source zip file above.
- Run the RBCWindowImpl MSI file. It will install the files to the correct location as long as you set the
install directory to be the drive and directory of Visual Studio.
Examples of <DEVSTUDIO>:
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
It will then install the files to
To create a CWindowImpl derived implementation, do the following:
- Start the ATL Object Wizard using the 'New ATL Object' option avalable from the Insert menu.
- Select the "CWindowImpl" ATL Object Wizard component from the "RadBytes" category.
- Fill in the Names Dialog page with your CWindowImpl derived class name information.
- Select CWindowImpl Property Page to Customize CWindowImpl derived class information (optional).
Options available when DECLARE_WND_CLASS is selected.
Options available when DECLARE_WND_CLASS_EX is selected.
Options available when DECLARE_WND_SUPERCLASS is selected.
- Click Ok
- Implement your derived CWindowImpl class.
Generated Code And Output
Your project has now been fitted with the CWindowImpl derived class you have named and is ready for use. It gives a basic implementation without any message handlers added.
The output created is a Source and Header files from the Short Name supplied in the ATL Object Wizard property page. The only existing file that gets modified by the wizard is your Project file (.DSP).
The code generated will compile both under UNICODE and ANSI.
|31 Jul 2000||- Initial Release|
|15 Aug 2000||
- Fixed bug in template header file for Message map name.|
- Fixed MSI install for correct placement of files.
- Fixed DECLARE_WND_SUPERCLASS original class name bug for common controls.
- Removed Debug condition from ctl file for wizard.
|25 Apr 2001||- Packaged for deployment in plain old ZIP file with install instructions.|