First, select "Ask a Question" from the green tile on the home page.
Or select "Ask a Question" from the Quick Answers drop-down on the home page.
Next, enter your question. Make sure to that your question is between 20 and 250 characters, and between 3 and 50 words.
Then, make sure you tell us what you've tried so far. This is to help people answering your question look over what you've tried, to see your process, or help you describe to people precisely where you're stuck.
Then, type your tags into the Tags field. If existing tags are related to what you begin to enter, a dropdown will appear with those tags which you can select from.
Our questions are written in an HTML format. If you are writing you question out, you can make use of the buttons to quickly add HTML tags like bold <b></b>, italics <i></i>, or variable names <code></code>.
If you have question typed in another program and want to cut and paste it into the window, make note of the options below.
- Strip HTML: HTML markup will be removed from the text.
- Encode HTML: Paste text will be automatically HTML encoded.
- Paste as-is: Clipboard will be pasted as-is, preserving HTML tags and entities.
- Code block: Clipboard text will be wrapped in PRE tags and content HTML encoded, always.
- Quoted Text: Clipboard text will be pasted within a quote block.
- Best guess: Sniff pasted text to see if it contains code and wrap in PRE blocks if it does.