Intel® Developer Zone offers tools and how-to information for cross-platform app development, platform and technology information, code samples, and peer expertise to help developers innovate and succeed. Join our communities for Android, Internet of Things, Intel® RealSense™ Technology, and Windows to download tools, access dev kits, share ideas with like-minded developers, and participate in hackathon’s, contests, roadshows, and local events.
Intel® System Studio 2017 Beta has been released. This is the Beta program page which guides you further on Intel® System Studio 2017 Beta new features and enhanced usability experience.
If you are new to Intel® System Studio, Please go here.
If you are developing an application on Intel® Quark™ D1000 or D2000 microcontroller, then check out Intel® System Studio for Microcontrollers
You can register and download the Intel® System Studio 2017 Beta package here.
Please note that the Intel® System Studio 2017 Beta license is provided under Evaluation license terms and conditions. Please refer to Intel® Software Development Products End User License Agreement (EULA) for more information.
What’s new in Intel® System Studio 2017 Beta version?
We are pleased to announce the release of Intel® System Studio 2017 Beta which offers a wide variety of new features and advances described below with enhanced usability:
- Giving you higher performance through smarter utilization:
- target architecture specific tuning, OpenCL™ 2.0 Shared Virtual Memory, Disk Input and Output analysis, and more.
- Code smarter with more of the right information:
- optimization and allocation reports, Application Performance Snapshots, ...
- Tools tailored for your application:
- Image handling / super-resolution through 64-bit data types, improved computer vision (OpenCV) performance, Deep Neural Networks (DNN) primitives, …
- Improved out of box experience for faster time to market with a simplified workflow and task-based tutorials.
We have a huge number of knowledge based articles covering a wide spectrum of all Intel® System Studio tools/components.
Support for the latest Intel based Embedded, Mobile and IoT platforms
- Intel® Quark™ processors
- Intel® Atom™ x3, x5, x7 SoC Processor Series
- Intel® Core™ M Processors
- Intel® Core™ i3, i5, i7 Processor Series
- Intel® Xeon® Processors
- Development Platforms:
- Intel® Edison Development Platform
- Intel® Puma™6-Media Gateway
For latest detailed information about supported processors and platforms, see the release notes in the beta installation.
Intel® C++ Compiler
- Improved offload to Intel® Graphics Technology.
- Vectorization improvements: new Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions data layout templates for more efficient execution, better loop and function alignment, support for Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) instructions.
- Code smarter with the right information -- more informative optimization reports, register allocation reports, annotated source listings and improved security features boost your productivity and efficiency.
- Support for the latest language standards and platforms: C++11, C++14, Microsoft Windows® operating system, Microsoft* Visual Studio® and more.
Intel® VTune™ Amplifier for Systems
- Analyze subsystems for optimization opportunities -- Disk Input and Output analysis helps you find unbalanced disk I/O and compute by monitoring utilization of the disk subsystem, CPU and processor buses.
- Support for OpenCL™ 2.0 Shared Virtual Memory (SVM) usage types.
- More performance data without installing a driver. Event based sampling using the pre-installed Linux* perf driver now includes events for better visibility into memory and bandwidth issues.
- The new Application Performance Snapshot feature lets you quickly and easily prioritize optimization opportunities based on data instead of guesswork, showing you the potential benefits of code modernization.
Intel® Inspector for Systems improvements
- Easier diagnosis, improved race condition and threading error debugging using source code line number and variable names.
Intel® System Debugger
- Easier target connection – New project/session support with the ability to save and restore debugger configurations.
- Improved trace output filter and search capabilities.
- New Python debug scripting support.
- Support for DWARF4 debug format.
Intel® Threading Building Blocks
- Improved interoperability with Intel® Math Kernel Library
- More support For Heterogeneous Computing: Support for OpenCL™ 2.0 Shared Virtual Memory (SVM) usage types.
Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
- Higher performance through increased vectorization: Now utilizing vector and SIMD instructions to improve performance: Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions 4.2 (Intel® SSE4.2), Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2), Intel® AVX-512 instructions.
- Improved image handling and super resolution support: Added new 64-bit data types for increased precision when processing image data.
- Optimized performance for computer vision applications -- Improved OpenCV performance when Intel Integrated Performance Primitives are installed.
Intel® Math Kernel Library
- Improved performance for machine learning and neural network applications – New Deep Neural Networks (DNN) primitives accelerate convolution neural networks and deep neural networks on Intel® architecture.
Enhanced Usability with Eclipse* IDE
- Complete IDE with simplified workflow.
- Added more task-based tutorials.
- Added option to download files for later installation.
|Contents ||Links |
|Getting started(Guides you through how to get started with Intel® System Studio tools/components) ||https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-system-studio-release-notes#GettingStarted |
|Knowledge Based Articles(Various articles describing the optimization strategy, new platform support) ||https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-system-studio-articles |
|System Requirements(System requirements for installing and using Intel® System Studio) ||https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-system-studio-system-requirements |
|Release Notes(Release notes basically describes what’s new in latest version/update, supported platform, known issues) ||https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-system-studio-beta-release-notes |
|User guides(Technical documents which guides you through the application development, debug and profiling) ||https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-system-studio-release-notes#UserGuide |
|Licensing FAQ’s(This section lists the various FAQ’s about ISS licensing) ||https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/licensing |
|Online samples & Tutorials(This section provides the online samples & Tutorials) ||https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-system-studio-tutorials |